My Leon TDI

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
UPDATE

Driver side door lock module has started playing up so i have bought a new 1,i have also bought a egr blanking plate as ppl have said this mod is well worth doing

I have bought everything to do facelift but am considering just colour coding bumpers on the car & the door strips,fitting cupra r splitter & maybe just fitting cupra r side skirts

Not sure what to do yet

danbaggers

Dan Baggers
Aug 12, 2012
now then mate! finally got my car loads of stuff done to it already!
wind deflectors
debadged
seat badge sprayed black
fly eyes kit on all lights
hids 6000ks
led reg plate lights
bright white side lights
aero wipers
sprayed standard allloys black (silver leon exact to yours)
bee sting

and more in post!

i really need to pick up some mesh grill though! fancy selling yours?

mad_man_moss

Just brought an egr blanking plate is that just a cheaper way of doing an egr delete????
Will it bring up any engine management lights?

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
now then mate! finally got my car loads of stuff done to it already!
wind deflectors
debadged
seat badge sprayed black
fly eyes kit on all lights
hids 6000ks
led reg plate lights
bright white side lights
aero wipers
sprayed standard allloys black (silver leon exact to yours)
bee sting

and more in post!

i really need to pick up some mesh grill though! fancy selling yours?

Not really,for 1 i'm undecided & would sell with bumper & 2 you can buy it from Sere Motors on home page

Just brought an egr blanking plate is that just a cheaper way of doing an egr delete????
Will it bring up any engine management lights?

Yes it is the cheaper option,it only throws up lights on the pd engines

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Been looking at side repeaters today,want to go for the subtle smoked look
Found these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170766965431?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Been looking at rear lights too

T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke4-kBQfyFNGGPw60_58.jpg

Been offered these for a good price

Would appreciate ppl's thoughts on them

Last edited:

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
i was looking at those lights as well haha, did you need the arch liners then for your fr bumper?? ive heard that you dont need them only the guides?? is there a changing guide somewhere??

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Not got around to doing bumpers yet,i've read on here you don't need the liners will sell when i get around to doing them,there is other stuff i want to get done 1st

RaviR50

Aug 15, 2012
Southampton
yeah i thought so lol. Im thinking of keeping the white bits on the lights and then getting the red tinted but i think thats gonna be a bit of a work up haha

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Update

Not done alot lately as motivation bit low atm,bits that are waiting to be fitted

Mk4 Golf armrest
25mm Eibach Front Arb
Polybushed Wishbones

Just bought a set of rear lights that will be getting tinted & tempted to get a rear arb

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

This is looking really nice.

I have a 1.6s in the same Arctic Silver and fancy doing a few little bits to it just to spruce it up and make it a bit special so might be looking up a few of the bits here.

Would like some slightly smarter wheels to the standard and may treat myself there.

Have to say i've noticed your bump strips (if thats what they're called! :D) are really shiny! How do you get them like that? Even when washed and polished mine go a bit grey after a day or so and just bring the look down a bit. Same with the black plastic under the bumpers. Any advice on getting them back to a really nice solid black?

Great work on this, very nice. [B)]

Dezeze

Jun 4, 2011
Swindon
How much did the wing mirrors set you back pal? Just wandering as I've the old gash square numbers!

You seriously need to get those bumpers/ side skirts changed mate, will set it off nicely. Although, it's all down to personal taste I suppose, and it still looks gleaming as is!;)

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
First update of 2013

Well not been up to much cos of back injury

Story so far i bought facelift bumpers but have had a change of mind & have sold them,going to get a pair of pre facelift bumpers & get the flushed which gets rid of rub strips & numberplate indent,got hold of a set of dorr moulding that are getting colour coded

Seen this done & looks spot on & keep the cars charactor

Have bought mk1 TT strut brace,std rear lights to tint & genuine aero wiper arms which i hope to fit soon

Planning on raising it by 5-10mm & spacing wheels out

Will post pics of progress asap

Last edited:

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Hi,

This is looking really nice.

I have a 1.6s in the same Arctic Silver and fancy doing a few little bits to it just to spruce it up and make it a bit special so might be looking up a few of the bits here.

Would like some slightly smarter wheels to the standard and may treat myself there.

Have to say i've noticed your bump strips (if thats what they're called! :D) are really shiny! How do you get them like that? Even when washed and polished mine go a bit grey after a day or so and just bring the look down a bit. Same with the black plastic under the bumpers. Any advice on getting them back to a really nice solid black?

Great work on this, very nice. [B)]

Thanku for your kind comment

I use back to black exterior trim cleaner,really good stuff & dosent have to be done often,restores faded trim a treat :)

How much did the wing mirrors set you back pal? Just wandering as I've the old gash square numbers!

You seriously need to get those bumpers/ side skirts changed mate, will set it off nicely. Although, it's all down to personal taste I suppose, and it still looks gleaming as is!;)

Paid £100 posted for the mirrors,so much better than the square 1's worth every penny
As for bumpers i have had a change of mind,facelift has been done to death so going for a look that has been done but not very common :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members