JamJay's BMW 135i (That no-one cares about because it's not VAG)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
You won't regret it. It's the next level up from Stage 2+ 2.0TFSI's I'd say but being RWD it's much more fun (dangerous :D). Stage 1 remap puts it past Stage2+ K1's etc at around 380bhp, Stage 2+ is around 440bhp.

I guess the next level up from this, if you want to buy off the shelf cars would be Porsche 911 Turbo or GTR I guess...where do you really go after that?
Before I got my BMW 335d I was looking at these and saw that with stage too you wont get much beyond 400bhp without spending some £££.

Exhaust, Meth, intake, intercooler to get anywhere near 440bhp.

STILL Stage 1-2 power without doing much is pretty awesome and mental power :)

JamJay

California Bound
She's looking good matey :)
The newer style LED rears are much better then the old 3 strip version. You should get a clip up of the PE, there's a vide of a blue 135i in the US with the PE on, I keep listening to it over and over ;)

Once my travelling has stopped with work, it'll be one of these or an E92 335i for me I think :)

I think I know which on you mean, light-ish blue with black wheels? It's an Aussue car and what made me get the BMW exhaust. Great cars so good luck with the hunt and enjoy your travelling, that's more important than motoring :)

Yea the release bearing failed :( would love to buy something like yours !

Ah it happens Jay but I hope to see it on the road again soon :).

Big time mate! Owned a few RWD motors in the past and the first was a learning experience!;)

Haha it certainly is, I've only been RWD for a year.

loving the car as much as the paragraph above :D. Have you been trained at the school of BMW dLriving yet ?

As soon as I bought this I forgot how to drive :p. In fairness I don't seem to get anyone being reluctant to let me in/out of turnings, just praise on the car.

JamJay

California Bound
Before I got my BMW 335d I was looking at these and saw that with stage too you wont get much beyond 400bhp without spending some £££.

Exhaust, Meth, intake, intercooler to get anywhere near 440bhp.

STILL Stage 1-2 power without doing much is pretty awesome and mental power :)

Hi Maz.

On a Stage 1 you won't get more than 380ish really. Stage 2 is downpipes and 400bhp, the stock ones are quite efficient as they are and you are limited to how much boost you can run without a big FMIC to make to most of 3" ones.

Stage 2 is FMIC and intake, this is 430-440bhp and over 400bhp at the wheels.

Stage 3 is meth and about 470bhp but that's more a USA thing. You can add meth at any stage though, I know if one chap running meth at stage 1 and putting over 400bhp out.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
The closest Ive come to 440bhp is sitting on a bus!!!

Those back lights look properly nice!! And the exhaust makes the back end look like an animal.. Decent mods there mate!!

JamJay

California Bound
Cheers for th comments :). Really liking the back end now, IMO the ugliest part to begine with bu easily sorted out. Next up for the rear is a carbon diffuser with fins which should make it look very aggressive but I am undecided if I should get the carbon spoiler as it's an option on ALL 1-series Coupe's where as the lip I have right now is 135i/1M only so has a little exclusivity.

JamJay

California Bound
Nothing special but a couple of extra snaps, Kevin (the car) taking the frost like a champ :D

1EF25E09-15EA-4035-9A2E-D47A552020D8-17102-000015BB997C5D09.jpg

0CD13D0E-B5AC-46AB-AB76-FD4419A87964-17102-000015BB2D7FFEA0.jpg

As for plans, I am negotiating more exhaust parts. I'll either be importing something tasty from the U.S and selling on the BMW Performance Exhaust or sorting out a solution to remove two of the 4 Cats the car has with the BMW exhaust. Results will be a faster, lighter and louder car but then it really is time to scrimp in prep for insurance in Feb. Once that's done and birthday comes the FMIC should be in so and as long as the AMD RR Day is in April I'll run it again on the Stage 1+ map.

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
It's like it should be a hatchback or something :p

Definitely need to get rid of shoddy chrome on the front of mine.. black kidney grilles look loads better.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Haha, no love for the boot from you :p.

Agreed dude, get the black ones, it beefs the front up so much. BMW seem to think adding more chrome to their top models looks better. I hate it, shadow line all the way!

:yes:

this is why before I thought I'd ever look at or consider a Beamer, I wanted an S3 with black ed. kit.

The wing mirrors, wheels and the silver strips where the fog lights would be all match, so the chrome looks even more out of place and silly >_<

Actually ended up behind a 135 coupe the other day, they do look kinda cool, but I'm still on the hatch bench overall :)

JamJay

California Bound
Yes definitely, had to have the black ed kit. I looked at a red S3 before this car with the kit on, it looked lovely but driving it wasn't exciting.

Audi: Propelling you fastly in the most boring way possible.

Well someone's got to buy the hatch, someone's got to buy the coupe I suppose :p. On a BMW related note, have you seen the new 4-Series? Absolutely beautuful.

Last edited:

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Audi: Propelling you fastly in the most boring way possible.

Well someone's got to buy the hatch, someone's got to buy the coupe I suppose :p. On a BMW related note, have you seen the new 4-Series? Absolutely beautuful.

:lol: absolutely!!!

Yeah -- I spied the 4-series yesterday - it looks great, but I CAN'T HELP BUT WONDER HOW HIGH THEY WERE when they chose to show the interior renders they have!!!!

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all,

I forgot where I got up to with this but there have been updates since the last time. Over the Christmas period I ripped out all of the speakers and replaced them with the Harmon Kardon versions as found in the late 2012/2013 cars. I wasn't expecting much of a difference honestly, I just wanted to see the shiney silver through the grilles but they are so crisp and clear, especially the tweeters. It's a great mod and I bought a job lot from Germany much cheaper than I could over here.

As for performance, the midpipe is soon to be gone and with it the two cats and silencer within it. I don't expect anything massive as I'll still have two cats left in the downpipes but the car should adapt nicely not to mention it'll be lots louder and with a nice 6cyl turbo whine exiting the exhaust. This should be done this month although insurance is due also.

Come the AMD day in April I hope to have bigger FMIC installed and the Stage 1+ tune uploaded. It'll be interesting to see how different the numbers were to the last AMD day where it reached 50c in the RR room. I'll be expecting closer to 400bhp if what the press say is true of this tune.

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
How have I only just seen this thread. Love the car mate, looked super sweet at the last AmD RR event. Look forward to seeing it at the next :)

JamJay

California Bound
Cheers guys haha :D. She's not as fun to mod as my old SEAT, there isn't much that needs upgrading and you can't buy much for it but I'll get to Stage 2+ some day.

Jordan, it's a shame you aren't local enough to make AMD to look over but if you ever decided on a 120d I believe you can map them to around 220bhp with exhaust.

I'll run her again at AMD this year, EL. I hope you have your new wheels on by then!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.