Admiral insurance

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
Hey ive tried searching this and not got a deffinative answer. Im 19 and am insured with admiral and im looking to make a few modification to my car. Does anyone have experience of how admiral react to this at my age ,will they even quote for it and if so how much extra roughly ? Thanks.

Apr 9, 2009
You can have up to five modifications if i remember correctly, skirts and spoiler count. Can't remember how much of an increase each mod i had was exactly, can't remember it being a lot. Just remember being annoyed about the limit of five regardless of being happy to pay extra.

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
You can have up to five modifications if i remember correctly, skirts and spoiler count. Can't remember how much of an increase each mod i had was exactly, can't remember it being a lot. Just remember being annoyed about the limit of five regardless of being happy to pay extra.

Hey thanks for the reply was this with admiral? and was you my sort of age (19) ?

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
They were fine with me but I put mods on when I took out the policy, knowing I would be doing them soon, just the way I always do it, so I wont get any nasty surprises

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
They were fine with me but I put mods on when I took out the policy, knowing I would be doing them soon, just the way I always do it, so I wont get any nasty surprises

How old was you when you did this and yeh my policy is up for renewal in feb so i might just wait till then .

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
I just turned 19 and declared alloys and suspension

I have just turned 20 and renewed my policy but got a new quote then got admiral to match it, this time ive got the remap and exhaust declared too and it was only 820 fully comp... somehow haha

day841

I'm with Elephant and pay £648 for the year on a '60 plate Bocanegra with 2 crashes and I'm 19 living in the centre of Cambridge :D

BobbyT

Aug 23, 2011
Lancashire
How is that even possible? I pad 1800 for 10 months with elephant, 1 crash, 3 points and 20 y/o on standard 1.4 in Preston

Aug 3, 2011
Admiral always been reasonable For me adding mods to my cars, use the online quote thing, You can select What mods and see How it effects the policy, then just ring up And they sort it there and then. Didnt cost me a penny to declare remap, air induction was most expensive at 50. Alloys and suspension were in region of 20-30 for me.

andycupra

status subject to change
admiral used to insure mods, (for a fee).
However, about 2 years ago? they no longer insured modded cars, unless already insuring them. (at least that was what they told me)

As above, if you enquire but they say no, they may expect that you will / may have do it anyway, so any accidents and you may have issues.

being 19 you should see out the policy and try a mod friendly company or be patient.

but anyway, what sorts of mods are we talking about?

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

You do realise that your mods won't be covered with admiral, even though they're charging you to insure them?

If you get a new bumper for example, and pay £50 to insure it, they won't replace it with a like for like, they'll put another standard bumper on. Therefore you're paying them extra for nothing.

I'm with Admiral now, but don't have any mods. If I had mods, I'd be going elsewhere.

Aug 3, 2011
As above the insurance company won't unless an extra policy is taken out, but thats unnecessary, they won't pay out like for like, but if you had an accident, your legal cover will and can set out to claim back any uninsured losses, such as broken phones/clothes as well as declared aftermarket mids. Anything that puts you out of pocket.

Jay

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
You do realise that your mods won't be covered with admiral, even though they're charging you to insure them?

I was going to point this out.

I've always found Admiral spot on, but I've always had under the 5 mods.

They even insured my 2nd Mark 2 16v ibiza for only £ 22 more then the one I wrote off the previous month.

That's chep on the Bocenegra, I'm 32 and (will be) paying £650 for and LCR with Remap and uprated brakes but mrs has a ban and SP30 and live in London.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob-Cupra

Sep 27, 2012
Grimsby
I've just done a quote on go compare bell / admiral the cheapest . It was only an extra 100 pound for a remap miltek spoiler and skirts so I'm happy

Grayboy

Jan 31, 2005
Beckenham
I retract my previous statement just done a quote for an LCR with remap and brakes and they want £320 over my modded cooper S.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members