Rattles mk4 fr tdi

martyn82

Jun 1, 2011
My 06 plate ibiza fr rattles everywhere when going over rough roads. I am convinced that it's from the interior rather than Suspension related etc. Also, it comes mainly from the boot area. It's not the spare wheel as took everything out and noise remains. Doing my head in! What are the common areas to check for rattles!?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
from the rear no if your saying its not suspension/brake/wheel related. but check under all the seats as i had a similiar thing for long enough and i found a coke can has rolled under the seat, also check the parcel shelf

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I think all mk4s rattle, it's a feature of the car!! Absolutely does my head in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raziel

Oct 24, 2011
Mine has been rattling since the day I got it (second hand though). Whenever I drive away or there is a weight shift sideways, I get a metallic click sound coming from the left rear area.

Drives me nuts some days, but haven't looked into what might be yet.

Last edited:

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
I've also got a rattle in my boot. Drove around with no spare wheel or parcel shelf but I've seen on here that the rattle in your boot could be the exhaust heat shield, they come loose quite easily apparently.

spud31

Rail Zip User
Jul 14, 2011
Usual places are heat sheild around rear box, behind glovebox area and check the undertray sides and front section, you wont believe how much noise these make with only 1 bolt missing

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
Fixed it! my shock was loose at the bottom end, I took of the bolts at the top and it just wobbled around, whoops :lol: all ok now though.

So it could be that or maybe the rubbers at the top of the shock are gone?

Apr 12, 2010
Had a dogbone bush disintegrate, couldn't even read the s on the steering wheel and the keys jangling in the ignition nearly tipped me over the bloody edge