Fitting AMP/SUB with alana factory HU

tomd1338

Nov 2, 2009
Becasue I struggled to find any info on it in one place I thought that I would jot down what I did to fit the amp onto the standard head unit.

First thing first is the earth, the standard place for this is to put it onto the little bolt that holds down the seatbelt clips. Takes a bit of effort to undo but aslong as you have a ring connector to slide over the bolt it works perfectly and wont come loose.

Next is the power cable.. Easiest way to do this is to thread the power cable from the battery through a grommet on the passenger side of the bonnet.. This leads into a small section and onto another grommet. Push through that one and you should be in the car... Remove the top section of the glove box and feel along the METAL of the car until you find the wire. Pull it through and thread it back to the boot.

Now for the tricky part..

As you are going the route of not forking out for a dodgy looking aftermarket unit you will need to be confident with wires and electronics.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106809&highlight=pin

If you look at post 11 it shows what all the pins and wires are for. ...

Block C should be clear on your HU.

If you connect your remote wire to pin 6 in block C1 your remote cable is done and your amp will turn on and off with the radio.

Next thing is the RCA. I personally connected up a LOC into the LR+ and LR- wires then ran my RCA from there as there is quite alot of space behind the radio to hide excess wiring and the LOC box.

Once this is all connected wire up the amp. Adjust the gain and away you go.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Last edited:

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
I went to fit this tonight to find there's no room for it unless I remove the top black plug then it fits...do I need to chop this extra bit of the plug off as it does nothing anyway?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I went to fit this tonight to find there's no room for it unless I remove the top black plug then it fits...do I need to chop this extra bit of the plug off as it does nothing anyway?

Do the plugs not interlink ? - I thought the black plug held the others in too.

IE - lock the plugs together - then plug in to the head unit.

FINCH

Being Nosey
Mar 15, 2010
Aberdeen
Yes I am. I'm just going to remove the cables from the plug I have into standard stereo plug.

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Line Out Converter - it takes speaker output and reduces it to pre-amp output so you can feed an amp.

EDIT - This is the kind of lead you require - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Line-Out-Pre-...cles_Terminals_Cabling_ET&hash=item35adeb8b26

It plugs in to the head unit and provides 4 x pre-outs + the remote switching wire.

Hi,

I bought this cable and now want to install my sub but I'm a proper proper newb. Do you need to enter a code before removing the Alana stereo to get to the back? Also how would you suggest removing the stereo because I tried using some tools and noticed I was scratching the plastic at the side where the stereo sits.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
Ok so had a look around the car tonight, and I can't seem to find a way in from the engine bay into the glove box/passenger side. I would really appreciate someone posting some pics of how they did this?

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
Ok so had a look around the car tonight, and I can't seem to find a way in from the engine bay into the glove box/passenger side. I would really appreciate someone posting some pics of how they did this?

if you remove the trim on the end of the dash you can pull back the sound deadening and should be able to feel the hole, its easier if you push the cable through then try and find it

Benn0

Aug 18, 2010
High Wycombe
if you remove the trim on the end of the dash you can pull back the sound deadening and should be able to feel the hole, its easier if you push the cable through then try and find it

Thanks for getting back to me Packham. Any advice for the removal of the alana unit?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.