Pictures Please... OEM Armrest (from all angles!)

LeonES

Jun 7, 2011
LeonES did you clean the car before taking those pictures ;)

LOL - can't remember Tony, took them months ago when I fitted it, don't know about you but it's a part of the car that I just couldn't be without now.

LeonES, am I right in thinking the tray inside the armrest - is literally a tray and sits on top of the cup holders?! Is it secured in place and anybody able to take a picture of the underside of the tray for me please?!
KEL

KEL, it just a thin rigid rubber tray that sits around the recess in the armrest base on top of the cup holders, bear in mind if you leave out the tray it almost doubles the storage capacity.
For pre facelift cars you can see a cut out so that it doesn't obscure the Aux port. The armrest is rock solid when screwed into place.

Got mine for £130 next day delivery from Dave@Seres, top bloke to deal with.

KELHAM

is FRickin' Loving it!!
Sep 5, 2011
Wiltshire
LOL - can't remember Tony, took them months ago when I fitted it, don't know about you but it's a part of the car that I just couldn't be without now.

KEL, it just a thin rigid rubber tray that sits around the recess in the armrest base on top of the cup holders, bear in mind if you leave out the tray it almost doubles the storage capacity.
For pre facelift cars you can see a cut out so that it doesn't obscure the Aux port. The armrest is rock solid when screwed into place.

Got mine for £130 next day delivery from Dave@Seres, top bloke to deal with.

LeonEs, to be honest I don't mind loosing the cup holders as I seem to fill it with crap anyway, including coins which rattle around the lot anyway! I like the look of the tray insert, as it has the coin slots in (they look like coin slots anyway!!)
Also I want somewhere to lie my iPhone down when I connect it up to the USB/aux in!! So I assume the little tray would do that too (providing the iPhone fits in the tray ok!!)
Next job will be to tap up Dave ;)

KEL

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
I love mine a great piece of kit.

Just one thing as i have mentioned on another thread the 2 arms holding the top to the base are pretty thin and weak (4th pic above), so be gentle with it (dont get anything caught in it like i did - sunglasses and then rest on it :whistle: :cry:) as mine snapped in two and its a pain to fix.

Rob

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
I'd agree with members that have fitted an armrest that its one of the best mods for the Leon and should be standard kit imo.

Is it worth nearly £150 ? then no - but having demo'd some Leons recently without one it would be one of the first things I'd fit, and I'll be removing the one in our FR before I trade it to put in the new Leon...:whistle:

Last edited:

Downloaders

So, I'm digging this one up because I am now too searching for the best way to get a decent armrest and not spending insane amouts of money on it.

I found a pretty decent one here for 44.66 tax incl. (+ shipping): h**p://apoyabrazos.net/en/apoyabrazos-reposabrazos-seat/15208-seat-leon-2-2005-2009-apoyabrazos-armcik.html

h**p://apoyabrazos.net/15208-23233-large/seat-leon-2-2005-2009-apoyabrazos-armcik.jpg
(I'm not allowed top put up links yet)

Does anyone had a chance to try out one of these? What do you think about it being worth the money? It looks pretty sumilar to the genuine one to me.

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Mate, it might p you off but the official armrest is the best solution. You keep access to the cup holders for extra storage and you get the arm rest itself for even further storage.

I wouldnt be without mine.

save up and get the proper one, you won't regret it.

Downloaders

Thanks for the advice, I know it would be the best solution and don't take me wrong but I have the money. I«ts just about not wanting to give a huge brand like VAG that much money that is so much overpriced when we take in consideration that is it a piece of plastic (and other stuff) where you put your arm on. The thing with the cup holders would not be that important to me, since the space in the armrest would be enough for me. It's just like a cable for the iPhone, that you can get for a 10th of the price than the original one, and even though the quality is not the same, it serves it's purpose perfectly.

Continue reading only if you have a lot of patience.. lol

I'm the kind of person that had a smart roaster and wanted a subwoofer for the foot-area and since it costed about 250 pounds, i decided that with that money (on materials) I could learn how to work with fiberglass. Finally ended up making one for my own and another 6 for the folks at the smart forum I was in, for a third of the price and still had profit. It looked and was exactly like the expensive one, that even though it was not a mercedes part, it was extremely overpriced.
So here the story is different because I don't know how to work with plastics, but I still did not want to give seat 150 pounds for an armrest ;)

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
Good on ya matey.

If you can do stuff yourself then why pay extra. Me, I don't have the time so it's just easier buying it ready-made.

I've got waxes that take time to apply and cure that I'd love to put on the car but working away and having 2 kids at the weekend means the best I can do I a wash and quick detailer.

Hope it works out for you, post pics when you get it sorted.

Anthonyjames90

Dec 29, 2012
What was the outcome on the comparison of the Civic armrest? I just traded my Civic for an FR and the lack of armrest is disappointing. £140 is a no brainer if it does the job, and my cup holders can still be used if needs be?

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Hi Guys,

Are they easy to fit? I'm guessing it gets rid of the CD rack in the back of the car. Very tempted to treat myself to this.

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Ahh thats good than, could do with something like this as I'm practically living in my car and just prefer having an armrest.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
Hi Guys,

Are they easy to fit? I'm guessing it gets rid of the CD rack in the back of the car. Very tempted to treat myself to this.

Jay's right, you get to keep your cd rack and fitting is dead easy, just line it up right and 4 or 5 self-tapping screws into the the top of the plastic centre console.

PhilYerBoots

Jan 1, 2008
£100 sounds about right for one of these but I think Seat are taking the proverbial at £150...at least it looks like they've listened with the mk3 as it appears they're standard kit.