Knocking n/s front

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Hey got a slight knock when doing 30 or below over small bumps etc. i have changed droplinks/arb bushes/ wheel nuts and had cupra bushes fitted to wishbone but still there. What else can i try? Its a kind of clicky knock cheers

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
That was replaced last month when my spring snapped and ripped it spart lol. Its been through mot aswell with it. Been going on for 2-3month now

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
I had a terrible knocking noise over small bumps at lower speeds. Turned out to be the track rods were knackered.. Caused an MOT Failure :/

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Had it in at Seat today who have confirmed the knock is coming from the drivers side through to passengers side, its play in the steering arms and also my wishbone bushes are starting to go (AGAIN) had cupra ones fitted this time last year

SteveMk4

5 Door 1.2
Dec 10, 2012
Laois, Ireland
Had it in at Seat today who have confirmed the knock is coming from the drivers side through to passengers side, its play in the steering arms and also my wishbone bushes are starting to go (AGAIN) had cupra ones fitted this time last year

I feel your pain. Iv had 4 sets of Bushes done in just over 5 years. :(

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Had car in again at seat, the bushes in my steering rack are shot! New steering rack it is! They said they are baffled its went at 40,000 but now blaming my wheels for it. Went from 15" sx wheels to 17" mk5 wheels wth 205/40/17

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
So the problem was diagnosed as my steering rack bushes being elongated for some reason at 40k miles...
Got the car back, steering was tight again and no noises....now a week in the steering feels like im driving on ice again especially to the left and there is a clunking noise back again from the NSF. I also have now aquired a squeak when turning my steering wheel like a rubbery noise.

I have replaced Steering Rack , ARB Bushes, Droplinks, Front Springs & Mounts, Checked Calliper Tightness, and got car fully aligned after all the work.

I have 205/40/17 tyres on my car which are all set to 32psi, I have tried reducing them to 30psi to stop the drifting but this doesnt help either

HELP!!![:@]

Aug 1, 2011
Without looking at the actual car..

I'd say, either the steering rack hasn't been coded correctly, so is set too light.
Or the the tracking has been done when the rack wasn't completely centred before fitting the track rod ends.

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Phoned garage today they said all that had been checked etc and aligned properly only other thing they can think of is the front wishbone rear bushes are shot again, they have been in 1 year. The car has a knocking over uneven road, pulling to left and drifts......Do i bite the bullet and fit powerflex

mcd90

Daz McD
Nov 27, 2011
Montrose, Scotland
Was the steering rack bushes a costy job? I was thinking of getting a new steering rack altogether but iv lived with the noise that long i dont know if it will be worth it.

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Car has been great since doing track rod ends and balljoints, now 2 weeks on when i press my brake pedal there is a click coming from the calliper, and when driving slightly round a right hand bend there is a slight rotational noise. The wheel hub/bearing was done 3 month ago

mcculloch

SEAT LEON ST FR 2.0TDI
Mar 25, 2008
Kilmarnock Scotland
Yeah changed my brake discs. Was original disks done at 40,000 and the noise has been away for 2 month. Just a small click from brakes ev now and then but think its just the pads moving

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.