Only gone and bought a 350bhp mk4 IHI turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2010
UK
Bought rash cupras old car today

All I can say for the minute is scary!! Pulls across the road and tries killing u every time u hit the loud pedal

Going to give it the once over tomoz and see what's what

Brand new turbo fitted 4 weeks ago and recon box so it's all sweet as well needs a afm il grab that tomoz :)

Jan 13, 2010
UK
To my knowledge there is only one mk4 ihi about and yes it's black and has passed 3 hands since matt aka rashcupra sold it

People buy these high powered cars and then realise they can't afford to keep up on maintenance work and fuel costs
I've had a gt30 Ibiza mk3 and know what to expect from it.

It's had a recent new turbo and a gear box that's been strengthened by crynologicaly treated internal gears so its all tip top I'm putting a set of H beam conrods into it and then upping the boost as its running low boost for what the set up is good for :)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
To my knowledge there is only one mk4 ihi about and yes it's black and has passed 3 hands since matt aka rashcupra sold it

People buy these high powered cars and then realise they can't afford to keep up on maintenance work and fuel costs
I've had a gt30 Ibiza mk3 and know what to expect from it.

It's had a recent new turbo and a gear box that's been strengthened by crynologicaly treated internal gears so its all tip top I'm putting a set of H beam conrods into it and then upping the boost as its running low boost for what the set up is good for :)

unless you want to keep buying replacement ihi's (there was probably a reason its just had a new turbo remember) I would keep the boost at a sensible level..

IHI's are chocolate turbos when turned up...
housings warp, flanges warp, bearings fail.

be carefull dude

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
Hey havent been on here for ages lol had to log in to see who bought the ol girl hell of alot of money developments and time thrown at that cupra the price you got it for! Hope she puts a smile on your face like it did me! Defo a sleeper wernt to sure with the white wheels but hey each to there own. Any more power and your gonna chew turbo gaskets and probably end up spending more than you bought the car for on it replacing bits.

Jan 13, 2010
UK
Yet you bought another one lol

I've not bought another look at the date this thread was made.

I bought that mk4 months ago it was the worst car I'd ever owned! Took it to badger 5 and he said its been thrown together,

Bought this mk3 then for bait of fun and just not using it as much as I'd like, if it was 2000 I'd leave it sit there until I get time but it ain't 2000 and is to much money to have just sat there.
Gutted as this is the smartest Ibiza iv owned and iv had 8

Jan 13, 2010
UK

Yes, that was it. Turbo started smoking after I took it to badger 5 for a power run and check over, it had a tiny turbo intake fitted that was making the turbo work harder to get air into it, and it made 305bhp @ badger 5 I'm sure bill has and can upload the power run if u need to see it.
The car run 350bhp on jbs rollers in real life it had never run 350bhp lol
Car was same set up from whn rash sold it and it made 305bhp

Guy I sold it to knew about the faults and that it only ran 305 bhp

swedey21

Most days i drink meths..
Nov 15, 2011
burford
Shhhhiiiiitttttt....
I almost done a deal on that...
God I feel happy now I didn't!

EDIT:On a serious note..i take its your Blue ibiza on the bay?
Im one of the watchers...IF its yours and you decide to part it out..give me a shout..i want a motor/turbo..etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise