Metallic Track Grey Washing Tips/Guide

pr0xy

Apr 3, 2011
Hi,

I'm looking for some help with cleaning my car as I never was good at it
Was wondering if someone could suggest products (ex car shampoo, wax ecc) & items (ex which type of sponge/cloth) should I use please ?

Sorry if I'm asking too much but any help is appreciated :) !

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
Hi
I would sugggest you have a look at detailing world site it is full of great advice and reviews of products if starting out the basics If looking for a quick start and going to halfrauds try
1, Lambswool wash mit, keep the sponge for the bath. Couple of buckets for 2 bucket wash method a rinse and shampoo bucket rinse your mitt in the clean water to remove grit before putting it in shampoo bucket or get a bucket with a grit guard.
2,Zymol car wash or meguiars
3,Autoglym Super Resin Polish (new formula)
4 Decent applicator pad and some thick microfibre polishing cloths.
5 Autoglym glass cleaner
6 Meguiars tyre dressing
7 Wonder wheels hot wheels alloy cleaner(better power washed off)
8 Trim dressing
This is just the basics and all products will do a good job I rate the Polish as one of the best on the market
and use it on all my paint preperation it cleans the paint and gives a great shine.

Last edited:

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
As above, get a wax of some kind on top too. I use Meguiars liquid wax, it rubs on and off really easy and gets pretty good results.

Depends entirely on how anal you want to be, you can go to town and get a machine polisher lots of compounds and glazes, sealents etc but to keep your car clean and well kept the above products will serve you well.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
chemical guys maxi suds shampoo, bilberry wheel cleaner for alloys, carpro iron x, valet pro ph neutral snow foam if you have a karcher jet washer or similar

endless supply of microfibre clothes, polish applicator pads, wool mammoth drying towel, dodo juice wash pad or microfibre wash mitt

autoglym super resin polish
poorboys blackhole glaze
chemical guys blacklight and v7 hybrid sealant
finishkare fk1000p sealant

just a few of products ive used, each to there own i could never get away with meguairs products.

numerous good sites, read some of write ups of north east car care you pick up great tips off there

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
As above, DetailingWorld should become your new home, there is a huge, almost endless amount of information on there and lots of helpful people to guide you when you get stuck.

As for products, its entirely down to what you want from them and as always what you are comfortable spending. Sometimes it feels like each week or day even brings a new products that offers something over the competition.

DW have a very well put together guides section, have a good read through that. Also look at the studio and showroom sections, these will show you what the pro and hobby guys are doing, using and the results they are getting.

The products i prefer to use are from Autobright, Chemical Guys and Zaino in the main.