Whistle

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
Is this a known thing on Leons, sometimes when I'm changing gear I get a little 'whistle' like noise.

Sorry if I'm losing my marbles! :happy:

Chris.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Could it be your turbo whistling to you?

How loud and wear from you think...? My Turbo often sings to me when im driving lol

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Would you describe it as an owl noise?

would you describe it as a police siren noise?

do a search for either of these noises and you will have hours of reading up because loads of people have posted about it.

Happy reading.

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
Could it be your turbo whistling to you?

How loud and wear from you think...? My Turbo often sings to me when im driving lol

Would you describe it as an owl noise?

would you describe it as a police siren noise?

do a search for either of these noises and you will have hours of reading up because loads of people have posted about it.

Happy reading.

It could be the turbo, this is my first diesel so I presume it would be that, it only really happens when I've not taken my foot off the accelerator 100% when shifting up.

I don't think it's anything serious mechanically - I was just curious to see if anyone elses did it. :happy:

I would say the noise was more like a pidgeon than anything. :D

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Could it actually be a pigeon thats trapped under the bonnet lol

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
It sounds like the owl noise issue. don't worry about it, it's quite common. It's just the sound of compressed air in the turbo doing odd things due to atmospherics.

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
It sounds like the owl noise issue. don't worry about it, it's quite common. It's just the sound of compressed air in the turbo doing odd things due to atmospherics.

I just thought I'd get a second opinion on it - as said, I've never had a diesel before so I presume its common, it's not loud just a little whistle on the odd shift up!

Thanks for the help - hopefully people wondering the same can see this also and put their minds to rest!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.