Fixed door seals and pollen filter but still water coming in

useyourname

Aug 2, 2012
In a shed
So, a couple weeks ago I did all 4 door seals.

Everything looks fine.. no more water sat on sills when I open the doors and all carpets dry apart from drivers side.

Its on the left hand side of the matt next to gearstick and I can't see where the fook it's coming in. Feels dry above/vertical ...

What could it be?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I was about to ask whether you'd dried the underlay, but if the mats are wetter than the carpet then its not that.

From other posts i believe there is a wiring grommet on the drivers side that can also leak. Read the main 'leak in footwell' post for info, its not a difficult one.

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
Iv had water leaking in from around my front speakers after i changed them, something else to check mate.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I dont think anyone has a tried and trusted method! Basically if you visualise the cover when its off the car, it has to stay the same shape when its on the car. The skirts need to go round the housing with no creases or getting caught on the housing, basically hang straight down. So when water comes down off the screen, it would have to drop down into the scuttle, back UP into the housing, and then down into the car.

And unless we have Abyss-like aliens controlling rain as well as the oceans your car should stay dry.