Rust already.

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
Drivers side front wheel arch is rusting from the outside. Is this covered by SEAT 12 anti-rust policy? Pictures are below-

AG291_zps239fd9d8.jpg

AG288_zpse9ec6d6c.jpg

icestorm81

Sep 9, 2008
Dorset, Dorchester
No, its still got the standard factory fitted suspension, passenger side is fine. The arch liner has come away as the lip holding it in place has rusted away.

blackcupra180

Aug 4, 2009
fife
Sorry should have said looks like it been low at some point in its life or had bigger wheels. Can't think what else would cause that damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevinking2020

Feb 23, 2011
Herne Bay, Kent
these cars are good for not havin rust, mines coming upto 13 years old and still no sign of rust. I don't know if it's covered best bet would give Seat a call.

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I know Ibiza's have spots where rust commonly takes hold, but this is probably the first Leon I've seen rust on, outside of crash damaged cars. Although even then my car has got a nice scar down the side of it and there is still no sign of rust!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Firstly how's your service history looking !!
They will look at that if not full service history they won't be interested also they check the thickness of paint and probably tell you it's been painted at some point these are just the useful tricks they use.... They honor most things as long as the service history is up to date or give a good will....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
They won't touch it ... paintwork warranty is only 3yrs. They will argue it is paintwork warranty not anti-corrosion which is 12yrs.

I have some rust bubbles in the same place above the headlights on the bonnet that I'm arguing with SEAT at present. Car is immaculate with a FSH - they dont want to know.

p888uld

Jun 18, 2010
NW
iv got a little bit of rust bubble coming through on my roof, spoke to seat uk who told me to take it to my local seat dealer and yeah pretty much there not interested, just by looking at it they knew it wouldn't be covered by the warranty apparently! i should find another seat approved workshop to measure the paint and try again but really cant imagine that there going to get it sorted!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise