front screen washer pipe has split

andrewg

any one got any advice/recomendations on getting a new pipe its the pipe that come from pump to front washer jets where it bends by the hinge of the bonnet it has split when the bonnet is opening and closing

the car is a seat ibiza cupra tdi 2005 plate

much apprieciated

andrew

whiteknee

Apr 9, 2007
Same happened to me today. Wrapped quite a bit of PTFE over the pin head hole and an additional 1 inch either side (seemed suitably flexible for the type of tube) and then finished with gaffer tape. May not last long but will see. If it fails, will get a tube connector from Halfords.

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
Mine did this. I bought some heat shrink, fed it over the break, used a soldering iron to shrink wrap it on. Perfect, has held up 6 months so far.

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I have done the same as chino about 3 years ago and its still good. i also bought the pipe with the intention of replacing it. However its just not possible as far as I can see. I still have the proper part if you want to give it a go.

whiteknee

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for replies. As soon as it fails, I'll try the heat shrink. You got access to the tube by removing at the jet I suppose?

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
I unplugged the jet under the bonnet and fed the heatshrink over from there. As said, the pipe feeds down under the scuttle panel etc, looks quite involved to fully replace it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise