revo remap

jimbobean

Right i have a pretty standard 1.8t mk3 cupra, except a forge valve and straight through exhaist. i had a genuine revo trail map on my car and after a day decided it was so good i booked in for week after to have the proper stage 1 remap done. From the start the vw garage said that the trial would be 60% of what they could give me with a proper one. anyway ivr now had the proper stage 1 map in my car for a couple of days and must admit my first impressions are its not as aggresive as the trial map :s does this sound normal?

Haughan

Feb 18, 2012
I think that it could be down to the ecu learning the map I have a revo stage two if I have the battery off the car for half an hour or so then the car seams more aggressive for a while and then calms down slighty am not 100% sure it could just be me but I have noticed a lot of cars run slighty more when they are first mapped than they will a month or two later sure some one will correct me if am wrong

jimbobean

Yes thats what i though, maybe after a few weeks the ecu might change to the settings, i just exspected a bigger jump from the trial map to the same map! ill give it a week and see how it goes!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Yes thats what i though, maybe after a few weeks the ecu might change to the settings, i just exspected a bigger jump from the trial map to the same map! ill give it a week and see how it goes!!

very variable depending on what settings you have been set to now, vs what it was in trial version.

jimbobean

Yes i understand that the trial map they dont do a health check and the proper map they do, i def think the trial map made the boost come in harder, but again they change the map to what the car can handle suitably!

jimbobean

I have planned to get it rolling roaded at corten milla in the new year! no doubt he difference between stock and stage one, just cant see the big difference between trial and stage 1 to what they made out it to be