wheel spacers

• Thread starter Deleted member 49882
  • Start date

Deleted member 49882

Am thinking of buying some wheel spacers for the Boc. At the moment, it is lowered on 25/40 H&R springs. What do you think would be a reasonable wheel-spacer off-set? I don't want them looking silly wide. Am thinking somewhere between 5-8mm. Has anyone on here put spacers on? If so, what size? Any photographs as to how it looks would be apprecaited. Also, any comments about how it has affected handling would also be appreciated.

Jun 17, 2011
Grimsby/Birmingham
Ive got 17mm on the back which looks alot better from not having one at all...fills the arches nicely. Been meaning to get some for the front but havent got round to them yet. You can see the pics on my thread towards the end and handling wise, ive forgotten how it is since my car has been in the garage for 3 weeks :( but you should get some..looks a whole lot better with spacers

aka

Jul 31, 2010
Am thinking of buying some wheel spacers for the Boc. At the moment, it is lowered on 25/40 H&R springs. What do you think would be a reasonable wheel-spacer off-set? I don't want them looking silly wide. Am thinking somewhere between 5-8mm. Has anyone on here put spacers on? If so, what size? Any photographs as to how it looks would be apprecaited. Also, any comments about how it has affected handling would also be appreciated.

If you want performance, dont get the spacers if you all ready have the h&r springs. The tire will touch the mudguard while doing sharp turns at high speed or while braking.

Fleshers Boc

Mar 13, 2012
Leeds, West Yorkshire
On the rear, the smallest spacer you can fit over the hub is 14mm iirc (that's hubcentric spacers) and the front don't go any bigger that 4mm otherwise you'll start to get a wheel wobble if there not hubcentric.
I'm running 15mm H&R on the rear with coilovers and it does rub a little on motorway runs.
Check out my RR to see how they fill the arches.

Last edited:

Deleted member 49882

Cheers guys for the info. Looking at the distance between the tires and the arches, I kind of thought the potential was there for tire scrub. I dont want that. So, I guess it is probably best to avoid the spacers then.

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Would 15mm on the rear and 10mm on the front make the wheels rub? That's the sizes I want but not wanting any negetive side affects...

abristow

Jan 4, 2012
Cyprus

Ive put 5mm spacers on my cup and im on h&r too. the difference is very little on looks. the handling i THINK has improved very little with the spacers. i havent put on the front yet. i was going to start this thread today tbh :). victor has put 1.8cm on the back wheels looks wicked but i dont know if that would be safe with 3 persons in the back. to make a difference and say the wheels are out i rekon it should be more than 10mm. can i put pics on here? dont know how

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
I'm trying to get clarity on this myself but you'll need hubcentric spacers for definate.
I think you cant go less than 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear. Anymore than 10/15 and you'll get rubbing issues, any less and they wont fit over the lip on the hubs.

wadey91

May 17, 2012
I'm trying to get clarity on this myself but you'll need hubcentric spacers for definate.
I think you cant go less than 10mm on the front and 15mm on the rear. Anymore than 10/15 and you'll get rubbing issues, any less and they wont fit over the lip on the hubs.

Cheers for the reply dude

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.