Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham

Thanks Mate :)

Nice to see that bud. Sure you'll sort the problems you talk about with the paint no probs. What takes body shops so long anyway lol!

Thanks Mate, think i've cracked the paint now, more thinners required :)

sat over the last day and this morning reading the whole build thread.

absolutely amazing! shows some commitment to work on your part! will be an astounding car when finished, well done.

Thanks for the kind comments [B)]

Quick sneaky pics of the orange -

This is just after the first coat -

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

Over the moon so far, it's going on lovely.

It's still a bit light it places but should be great after the second coat.

Back To it :D

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Thanks Guys :love::cheers:

I had some dinner with the wife and went back in with the intention to put another coat on, i then changed my mind and decided to paint the roll cage with the remaining paint i had mixed up.

IMG_0820.jpg

This left a bit of overspray on the sills, there is also a couple of imperfections where i dribbled some panel wipe and never polished it up. So i've decided i'm going to let the paint cure then i'll scotch it up and flatten out the imperfections then i'll put another layer on.

I'm not going to be able to get back in the garage till after Boxing day but after today i'm really looking forward to it..... to be honest after painting the roof i was shitting myself incase i made a mess of it but now i feel on top of the world :D

Thanks as always lads :)

grahams81

Oct 14, 2010
County Durham
Can't wait to see 'daylight' pics from a distance!

Are you doing the engine bay too? Chassis legs & all?

Hopefully get it outside after christmas and into the man tent while i paint the doors / bumpers so i'll get a couple of snaps in the daylight.
I'm probably going to remove the engine and do the engine bay after Christmas some time. Thinking of doing the bay black.

Reactions: gdjohny
Dec 19, 2006
I got really excited seeing this bad moved on to page 56. Looking absolutely mint mate keep up the good work and have a nice Christmas. Looking forward to the next update.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise