Seat main dealer - courtesy

Cashy

Hi all

As you may have read I've started a thread on the steamy windows problem on my new Leon. Anyway rang the dealer today and booked it in - having to wait over a week. Asked about courtesy or replacement car considering the cars brand new and done 2500 miles only - they said they had one but I would have to pay 10 a day plus vat to cover the insurance!!!

I'm not paying anything basically as thats just wrong - I bought a car that's meant to be reliable as We need two cars that are used daily so can't be without a car to get to work.

All my mates get courtesy cars from vw - Audi - ford for no fee......

Anyone else had problems like this??

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
All manufacturers are at this now and it does seem a con.
Good dealers tend not to charge and therefore their customer service is usually much better in lots of ways.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Its a way of trying to get you not to go on there insurance as there policy xs will be very high

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I know it's annoying , trust me I have had my fair share of seat courtesy cars , as your car is so new , I would play it like this , firstly contact seat customer care , explain the issue with your car and your dealer being unreasonable , make it known how disappointed you are and angry about a new car , be polite , then ask them for a good will gesture , you will probably get a free service.
If that doesn't work tell your dealer that you are not happy that your car was obviously sold with a know a know fault and that you want to reject the car for a full refund , you will be amazed how quickly you will have their attention.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
I know it's annoying , trust me I have had my fair share of seat courtesy cars , as your car is so new , I would play it like this , firstly contact seat customer care , explain the issue with your car and your dealer being unreasonable , make it known how disappointed you are and angry about a new car , be polite , then ask them for a good will gesture , you will probably get a free service.
If that doesn't work tell your dealer that you are not happy that your car was obviously sold with a know a know fault and that you want to reject the car for a full refund , you will be amazed how quickly you will have their attention.

There speaks a man of experience...

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Seat wouldn't even give me a car because of my age. Whereas when I had my Mito, it went in for some warranty work ( alternator belt recall) and the manager said all the cars were out, so he went into the showroom and drove out a brand new Giulietta with the veloce kit, and handed me the keys when I was only 18. It had 26 miles on it, and I returned it with over 200 :D.

When I asked why I wasn't allowed a car ( If I insured it myself) at the seat dealership, he turned around and said " It's an ibiza FR mate, they are quick cars so it's policy for over 25's only" ... I nearly spat out my brew all over him.

Cashy

Thanks for the replies --- I'm awaiting a call from the boss of the dealership - if no joy there it's off to the seat customer Care line :blink::banned:

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Phone them regardless then dealer knows you mean business when they get a call of customer care.

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
I once had to take my Saab 9-5 to the dealers to have some work done and they gave me a 11plate Saab 9-3 turbo x as a courtesy car free of charge...was a lovely motor...mind you i did need a new alarm system for the 9-5 plus i had the sump dropped and cleaned with fresh oil,oil filter pollen filter...so spent a fair few quids that day...but the turbo x was awesome..such a shame that saab went bankrupt but it was effectively the 9-3 that killed saab....shame

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
When my astra was in for a week i got the current shape sri diesel with bodykit on, that had just been released at time. Had 3 quarter tank fuel in, didnt go back that way the fuel light was flashing. Seat appear to miss that a little touch goes a long way

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
I havnt had any experience yet with Seat main stealers and its something im not looking forward to going by everyones comments in this thread and other threads......if i have problems i might take it to VW instead if their any better...

p11lkw

Oct 21, 2012
So far my local stealer has been good, never needed a courtesy car yet though

Benjic2

Aug 29, 2011
Their customer care ( or lack of it) is the reason why Seat will always be an inferior car manufacturer. It's a shame, because they actually produce decent cars. I won't have another unless the mk3 Cupra is a corker, if it's not then I won't ever look back.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Citroen are the same. used to have this charge when I took C5 in for service. £10 and used to get some shed. lease company would only provide replacement if vehicle was in for more than a day. so guess what? ;) brand new (or nearly) car from Avis every time!