xenon problem........ grrrrr

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
hi i got a set of xenon headlights (leon mk2 fr) and the wire adapters.

i unplugged the wire from my old headlight and connected the adapter and then into the xenon headlight, but i dont have full beam i even got new bulbs and still have no full beam.

can anyone help its really starting to do my head in

thanks jag

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
tell tou the truth i dont know my cousin got them for me, by looking at them there second hand.

ill try and get some pic up.

dose any know what number/colour the high beam wire is on the plug???

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Full beam on xenon, is just a cover that pops up uncovering more of the bulb, there is no change to the bulb it self.

In dipped mode, the xenon bulb is partially covered stopping some of the light, this pops up out the way when you go full beam.

(although, there is actually a "normal" non-xenon full beam bulb too - really it does very little as the xenon is so bright).

Last edited:

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
i know you really dont need full beam but its just for mot and i cnt be asked to change te lights before every mot.
i cant get any pic up, its sayin i need 15 or more posts.... :(

i dont know if anyone knows what colour/number is the wire which gos into the standard plug.
and when i plug in the xenon head my dash light comes on telling me there a bulb out?????

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
I think pin number 11 does the flap which lights have you got pre facelift or not??
You should still have a h1 bulb for high beam too in the pre headlight!

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
yeah the full beam and side light are the same as the Standard

i dont know if the lights are off a pre facelift????

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
Then i fitted my xenons to my old fr all i done was wire a small wire from the pin for the high beam bulb cant remember which one is was and wire it to pin number 11 so when you turned on high beam it would open the flap on the xenon light too worked fine for me or you will have to add a wire to the control unit :(
What age is your car?

Jul 13, 2009
Hereford
Ps if you check my posts you will see i write up when i fitted them i am sure there was a pin lay out in my post i am using the iphone at the mo so cant search

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
@allbutt55 i been throw the post link you put up but its really hasnt helped, iv been on kufatec web site and seen the leads and there the same as the ones i have.

from pin 10 and 11 i have a lose wire were it was connected to some think but i cant seem to find a post or were the hell that wire gos......

i really do Appreciate all the help fella

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Full beam on xenon, is just a cover that pops up uncovering more of the bulb, there is no change to the bulb it self.

In dipped mode, the xenon bulb is partially covered stopping some of the light, this pops up out the way when you go full beam.

I may be wronf but pre FL cars don't have high beem on the xenons ONLY dims as the high beams are next to them. FL have the Bi-Xenon as the "high beam" init now became the running lights.

(although, there is actually a "normal" non-xenon full beam bulb too - really it does very little as the xenon is so bright).

i know you really dont need full beam but its just for mot and i cnt be asked to change te lights before every mot.
i cant get any pic up, its sayin i need 15 or more posts.... :(

i dont know if anyone knows what colour/number is the wire which gos into the standard plug.
and when i plug in the xenon head my dash light comes on telling me there a bulb out?????

Hope that makes sense what I said above mate. Also do you have the headlight washers as your car would still fail MOT without them and having xenons.....

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
no my headlights dont have washers....

the think i cane get my head around is when i put the side lights on it they work fine, put the headlight on xenon fine but the full beam dont lol

its come to a point were ill just smash them up

dose anyone know anyone in the west london area that can have a look

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
no my headlights dont have washers....

the think i cane get my head around is when i put the side lights on it they work fine, put the headlight on xenon fine but the full beam dont lol

its come to a point were ill just smash them up

dose anyone know anyone in the west london area that can have a look

I am in Harlesden if you want to swing round mate. Maybe we can make heads or tales of them. As I said earlier however, if it is the pre fl headlights high beam WONT work from the xenon......

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
ok been ill for a few days just went out and found out that pin 8 on the car loom is for the high beams and on the plugs i have that pin has been blanked out so the high beam wont work.

just need to look on the inside of the head light and work around it. ill get there one day lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.