Please recommend some rubber!

Cupramadhead

Guys

Must replace the nearly new Autoguard tyres on a MK2 Cupra 8v, after having a lil sideways moment on a wet roundabout. These tyres came as new on the car, from a main Seat dealer and are..well plain dangerous.

So I need some good advice on what works well on the above car please. Looking for something very grippy and safe in the wet, with some sportiness and good response and road feel. Not over concerned with wear, as long as it's not excessive.

Anyone had any experience/thoughts on the Falken 914? A fairly new tyre, but have seen some very good reviews for them. Or maybe Michelin do a 195/50 R15 to replace the original Pilot SX's it came with? Many thanks in advance.

Juggernaut1987

I would fix a budget, see whats available in that price range and pick the best one based on reviews found on google. I have toyo roadpro 610's on the back and random firestones on the front.

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
TBH it's winter so any allround tyre is going to struggle. I've got some Barum Bravaris on my Cordy at the moment - came on a set of wheels I bought, apparently they are Continental's budget brand. I can spin the tyres in 3rd if I want to on a damp road! Then again, I did some track sessions as Brands in the wet last autumn and was pleasantly surprised with how they performed.

Just need to remember not to get carried away in winter/wet conditions. As you get to know the car better you can read what the car is doing and have some fun. Although I do admit, it is a little disconcerting the first few times it happens.

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
I can't recommend Uniroyal Rainsports 2s enough to be honest! Value for money is brilliant, and as the name suggests - they are excellent in the wet.

Agree, I use these for my 'wet' tyres on track and they really impressed me on my last outing. Read a lot of reviews that they crap in the dry but in the rain ;):funk:

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
I don't find them too bad in the dry at all, not as impressive as in the wet, but in terms of finding the balance between the two I think they strike quite a sweet spot!

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Vredstein's
7y3uhy3u.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.