Fr supercopa lowering??

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
Hi guys, I had a new Fr supercopa a couple of weeks ago after getting rid of my beloved S3 and hoped the suspension would settle a bit, it hasn't and I want I lower it slightly as it looks to sit too high. I have never lowered anything before as none if my cars have needed it, so th people who know about this stuff what's best for a slight drop and if any thing improving the suspension a little as its already the hardest I have had in a car.
Thanks in advance

Ps the chock blocks aren't still in.

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I used Eibach Pro-lines on my Mk1 Leon and got about a 30mm drop. Ride was only slightly stiffer, but not as much as to ruin the ride. For me, the sportlines are too low and if they are anything like the drop I got on my Toledo with the coilovers on that, then you hear the car scraping all sorts of stuff in the road!! At least with coilovers you can adjust the height to suit though, but they aint cheap and you need good ones or you will ruin the ride (the Tolly has cheap ones on it that suit a purpose as ride isn't important on that car).

I reckon that I will lower the Supercopa on the Eibach Prolines, but that just suits my personal preference. Just don't buy cheap whichever option you choose - it is a false economy that I learned the expensive way!

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
Just been looking at some other previous threads audit seems the pro lines don't really drop an fr but the sportlines do and still no scraping so they are the way to go, I will probably order them from Dpm performance so if they read this maybe they could give their input...

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
I had one years ago between 2002 and 2004. It's here! Pics taken the week that I sold it hence the original plate was back on it by then. It was running Revo, N75J, K&N panel filter, Samco TIP giving about 265bhp from the original 210. Sold it all returned to stock though.

ATGNI

Jun 16, 2009
I'm interested in the outcome of this too. Ive got a supercopa also and I'm wondering about dropping it without affecting the comfort.

One of the main things for me is the sloppy cornering of the supercopa. My wife has an vx line insignia with 19" wheels on and that corners better and drives better than my supercopa.

So if the springs don't ruin the ride, I do about 400 motorway miles a week, I'll be looking for a stronger rarb too.

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
Well I have been busy today but will speak to someone and get some ordered tomorrow I think I am going with the sportlines as I do want to see a drop, just hope they don't spoil the already hard ride lol
I will keep you all informed

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
I had one years ago between 2002 and 2004. It's here! Pics taken the week that I sold it hence the original plate was back on it by then. It was running Revo, N75J, K&N panel filter, Samco TIP giving about 265bhp from the original 210. Sold it all returned to stock though.

Sounds nice mate, I was thinking of getting a keeper car last year and looked at a few and there are still some very nice examples about!!
I just sold a 2012 S3 sportback black edition, needed to save some cash and the leon was the best about for he money at the mo..

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
Sounds nice mate, I was thinking of getting a keeper car last year and looked at a few and there are still some very nice examples about!!
I just sold a 2012 S3 sportback black edition, needed to save some cash and the leon was the best about for he money at the mo..

What did you think of the sportback?

tony323ci

Lovin' it
May 15, 2011
Nottingham
Just been looking at some other previous threads audit seems the pro lines don't really drop an fr but the sportlines do and still no scraping so they are the way to go, I will probably order them from Dpm performance so if they read this maybe they could give their input...

the Pro kit does drop the car I have it on mine it's just more subtle than the Sportlines

IMG_1565.jpg

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
What did you think of the sportback?

I have had two, first was a red 2010 S3, the second was the best car I have ever owned and probably will be for some time!! It was white and had the panoramic roof so all the roof and spoiler were black and looked mint!

Kevo

Apr 12, 2003
staffs
Visit site
the Pro kit does drop the car I have it on mine it's just more subtle than the Sportlines

IMG_1565.jpg

Thanks for the pic, it does look better than standard it is a difficult choice as I don't really want people to look at the car and know straight off that its been lowered but I do want it to look nicely squatted down abut like most bmw's and audi's do just so they sit nicely without much gap.
I also don't want any problems with speed bumps etc

andyccr

FR CR
Jul 19, 2002
Essex
S3 AKR

Think you need to come and look at my FR (I'm only in Great Leigh's)- Full factory is skirts, Cupra R rear conversion kit, 15mm rear wheel spacers and 18s. I have the full Cupra R back box on which makes the back real low with the Sportlines fitted BUT the car sits absolutely perfectly !

Never had any problems with speed humps only those stupid large square ones that they put in the middle of the roads which are that funny brown colour with real steep edges and its only very occasionally the back box that catches. I don't think it would be a problem if I still had the standard rear box on.
I even have the factory rear mudflaps and don't have any issues. Even with the car fully loaded on a trip to lemans last year was no problem, also 4 people up wasn't a problem.

It's going for its first trip to the 'Ring next year ( my last three cars have been) and I'm only slightly worried about the exit from the Carousel but other than that I'm not worried !

But I've done 32,000 with the Sportlines fitted and think the car looks perfect !

Wouldn't want it any other way now

Andy

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.