Driver's Side Window

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
Good afternoon folks,

Hope you all had a great Christmas/NY.

I am having some problems with my drivers side window, it seems to "snap" into place when I have closed my window. It gets to the top and closes, and then a noise occurs which can only be described as an action of something snapping back into place.

I have also noticed that on the motorway if the window is opened and then closed, the force of the wind won't allow the window to seal and a lot of wind noise occurs.

My car is still under warranty - it only sometimes does the above, so I can't go in and hope that when I show them it'll do it and I'll look like a complete spanner. :blink:

Can anyone shed some light - or has anyone had this experience before?

Sorry if the description is vague!

Chris.

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
This is for the Altea/Toledo, but wouldn't mind betting the Leon's the same (new SEAT window mechanisms are a load of crap IMO)
Seat-Altea-Window-Regulator-Without-Motor-Left-Front-Door-full.jpg

It sounds to me like either the cable's on it's way out (a common Altea/Toledo issue...especially on the passenger side) and one clip is lagging behind the other, or one of the clips has come off completely and the window is only being driven up on one side.

If it doesn't do it on demonstration day at the dealer, find out how soon they can book it in and then go out with them to the car and put the window up and down a few times - it doesn't sound like there's much life left in it, so something should break soon enough

MCFChris

Nov 26, 2012
Chorley
This is for the Altea/Toledo, but wouldn't mind betting the Leon's the same (new SEAT window mechanisms are a load of crap IMO)
Seat-Altea-Window-Regulator-Without-Motor-Left-Front-Door-full.jpg

It sounds to me like either the cable's on it's way out (a common Altea/Toledo issue...especially on the passenger side) and one clip is lagging behind the other, or one of the clips has come off completely and the window is only being driven up on one side.

If it doesn't do it on demonstration day at the dealer, find out how soon they can book it in and then go out with them to the car and put the window up and down a few times - it doesn't sound like there's much life left in it, so something should break soon enough

Thanks for this - I really appreciate it.

I'm not too sure what to do, I'd take it in but just on the feedback people have given dealerships they look for ways to get out of doing a job.

If I took this down as well, I'd have to sit around whilst they fixed it. I guess I'll call in, hopefully I could get the defect on a video on my iPhone and show them?

Chris

Nov 27, 2006
www.cardomain.com
My passenger window's completely bollixed and it's only done 30k

It's just over 4yrs old, so wouldn't be covered by warranty anyway, but for a car with climate control fitted I must have used that window about a dozen times

Another member on here has pursued this through SEAT and got nowhere, but if yours is still within warranty I'd say go for it - it's not a particularly expensive bit of kit to replace, but the hours/hassle involved in replacing it are frightening

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.