Snow Experiences?

Pss53

The Master
Jan 1, 2013
Leeds, UK
Morning,

Just wondered what the leon was like in the snow, am due to pick mine up on friday (got a good deal) and heard from my friend a weather man, back end of jan/feb were going to get battered by the white stuff ??

P.

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
If you have a set of winter tyres you should be fine but obviously don't go driving around in the deep stuff otherwise I would recommend snow socks or snow chains. I just returned from the Czeck Republic yesterday and I made the fatefull mistake of pulling off the road into snow to take a photo. It was intersting getting out of it lol. It drove fnie on the snow but the slight uphill before the road is where I got stuck and after three attempts at a "run up" i got out. Will mention though I am running big power so it is not easy to throttle gently for me hehehehehe

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
if a weather man says snow is coming its gonna be 25 degrees with not a hint of cloud in sight :) you will be fine !!

Joens

Jan 18, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
I think Leon is a great car in the snow. Obviously you need tires that are fit for purpose. I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7, which are top of the class for northern europe (with studs). I dont have any problems driving in the snow with them and the ride height is no problem either. Dont know about UK Leons, but atleast mine has a proper protection below the engine as standard.

I think I can say that I probably have more experience driving in snow than most of you :D , During christmas time we had 40cm-70cm of snow here and remember that we have winter for 5 months (a proper one) with temperatures going as low as -30c.

Comments like "It's rubbish" are fun to read when you actually dont a) have a proper winter b) proper winter equipment - to make your vancuous comment valid.

And I sincerely apologize my english grammar. Slang aint my thing :(

Greetings from Finland.

Last edited:

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
If/when we have loads of snow, I just leave the car at home. I'm quite fortunate in that the car part of my commute is only 5 miles, so it's not that much of a hardship...

aren't studded tyres illegal in the UK? They're certainly near pointless in the south at least.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I find the Leon is better than the MK4 Ibiza was in the snow. That was awful, got stuck in the work carpark a few times with that. Might be down to the longer wheelbase and bigger wheels of the Leon. I suppose it's all down to tyres at the end of the day. My first winter was a bit of a struggle with the Pirellis that I inherited when I bought the car, but the next winter was fine with the Vreds I had put on all round.

Jul 9, 2012
I wouldn't even bother in mi if it snows as in the wet it is poooooop lol but I get a truck to use wen it cold

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
i drove my FR TDI for 2 winters in the snow, fitted with Falken 452's all round

Im out most mornings at 5:30 so roads where still dodgy, Never had a problem, just drove to the conditions and took it steady

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise