New FR owner......

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Well after looking at an Ibiza 1.4S for my wife and collecting it today from the local dealr's I also ended up falling for a SEAT and ended up with a 170BHP Leon FR (2007).

We've had an Altea Reference Sport for nearly 5 years so we are not total SEAT virgin's. I have always liked the look of the Leon though and a sine of the times is that is makes sensse for me to chop in the 2.0 TFSi Audi and get myself a Diesel.

As I also have a scooby tucked away for funs days, Iamd used to a bit fo power so fancy chipping the Leon. Very tempted with the SuperChip Blue Fin as it alows me to put on and taae off at will.

Are there any other options out there with the handheld controller and do any of these also allo me to read error codes

thanks

David101

Jun 20, 2012
Welcome to the site. And also I think the S h ar k performance does the the same.

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
PD170 mapping is awful mate

PD170 has a DPF but the engine wasn't designed to have one so it doesn't work very well, Injector recall was iossued by SEAT aswell but once the new injectors are in place the DPF' will have more issues

Best thing to do is get yourself to either Sha.rk performance, Darkside developments or RS Tuning for a DPF Delete Map and Hardware removal.

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
what does dpf delete hardware consist of and what does it cost.
Does the dpf delete software modification just disable this error code ?

I will get confirmation from dealer Monday of it has had injector recall. I would imagine it has as it is fully SEAT serviced.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Two different versions
1. DPF Delete pipe, its a Downpipe that doesn't have a DPF on it, simply fit it and map it out
2. Remove DPF downpipe, cut the DPF open, remove the insides and then weld it back up and refit, looks stock but means you have reuined the original DPF and they are quite expensive.

DPF Delete software remove's the software that checks and does the regenerations of the dpf

Scott.T

Sep 30, 2008
Cheers Andrew, are there various sources of DPF pipe of just MilTek.

Last edited: