Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
Spent hours reading through this thread... thinking how awesome it is for a pre-facelift LC and picking up some ideas for my own car along the way...

... to get to the last page to see your going to break it!

GUTTED!!!! :(

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I know but it was the only way to move on, i would have got at most £3000 and to date i have made nearly £6000 and i still have the engine, i cant justify loosing over £3000 just to save breaking it, it wasn't an easy decision.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
It's also good to see bits of it live on in other peoples projects. What are you replacing it with Phill. I wish I had the funds for you engine.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Well she has gone, the shell was taken away this morning.

8353756374_d8714b7694_b.jpg

My new toy will be here tomorrow...................;)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
That's very true Graham, I will post what i have bought tomorrow after i have collected it, and post some pictures....

Sod it i cant wait this is what i have bought...

8354109054_9835f6fc92_o.jpg

530d SE Touring, with a few nice options, inc; power tailgate, professional satnav,auto dipping mirrors, parking sensors front and back.... going to get it mapped which will give it 265bhp and 367lb/ft, i cant wait.

Last edited:

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh

No-one could accuse you of being slack with the stripping Phil! That's a proper job done there :)

Nice new set of wheels, big comfy cruiser time which will be fun in a different way once the remap is on - so another convert to BMW, seems to be quite a popular route just now. :D

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I got it done over a couple of weekends, i had taken most of the bits of over the five years i had it so didn't really have any issues.
I cant wait to get the BM its a totally different animal, but as you say it will still be fun but in different ways.

Oct 21, 2006
Norfolk

That's one of the sadest images... In contrast to your sig picture, which reminds us just how nice this car was!

Wishing you the best for future Phill :)

cupra-barn

It's all about stealth!
Aug 4, 2010
Worcester
:( A sad day for the SEAT community.

You'll still be fiddling with leons, maybe even the occasional blast ;)

Onto the beast then!!! I'll be over this week to have a look and kick the tyres for ya.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
That's one of the sadest images... In contrast to your sig picture, which reminds us just how nice this car was!

Wishing you the best for future Phill :)

Cheers James, I totally agree, its sad i had to break it but the difference in what i would have got for it in one piece compared to the parts made it inevitable.

:( A sad day for the SEAT community.

You'll still be fiddling with leons, maybe even the occasional blast ;)

Onto the beast then!!! I'll be over this week to have a look and kick the tyres for ya.

You are more than welcome although if you kick any bit of it :ban:

Last edited: