Seat Leon FR TDi Flashing glow plug & EML Light

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
2007 Seat Leon FR TDi

I have started getting a flashing glow plug light coming on every so often and going off after 20-30 seconds.

After a while the Engine Management Light will also come.

Had fault code reader on

Fault Code: P0546 - Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 Sensor 1

Faults was cleared and same happened again, flashing glow plug light then after a while EML light, fault code came back was the same.

Any ideas please ?????

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
Only asked as some maps would push the etg a bit too much, don't suppose your silver are you, always wondered what happened to my old one, it was 57 swapped it in at ted johnsons?

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
No mate am like a light blue/green colour and got it from Doncaster, thought about dpf removal and remap tho, if u have dpf delete it maps sensors out lol

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
Are they expensive ?? I can get it done by a company in Donny for £350 all in, dpf removal and all mapped out and remap

sclarkson82

Aug 22, 2011
Barnsley
Company that was doing dpf delete said if they take the dpf off they can map the sensors out as there not needed once dpf is off, u can even buy dpf delete pipes with and without sensor holes for this reason

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Are they expensive ?? I can get it done by a company in Donny for £350 all in, dpf removal and all mapped out and remap

When it comes to DPF Removal on PD170 cheap isnt the way to go

3 companies i would trust are Dakrside Developmens, Sha.rk performance and RS Tuning

Sensors arent mapped out , I ran my Stage2+ map from Sha.rk which produced very high EGT's and the sensors didnt break :cartman:

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
My etg was playing up so §hark turned it off, I don't think you need it for dpf delete. And £350 is too cheap mate, think that most tuning companies don't stage 1 simple remap for that price so what are you getting for your money if they've gotta chop ya dpf up re-weld, map dpf out and then performance map it?

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
id still be a little worried, as we all know the PD170 is not like any other car when it comes to mapping, Ask Kilner

Hes had a right battle to get the ECU to produce the boost required to use his hybrid turbo

steveo273

Oct 18, 2012
ive only had car 10 days 2008 model fr tdi and so far got eninge management light on then regen light

came on twice and is still on and today glow plug light flashing and car in limp mode.. all happened in

two days.. debating trying to get my money back as im worried it wont be fixed properly and cant be

doing with the aggro..

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Take it back get them to fix it and if doesnt settle down exercise 30 day 1000mile exchange or refund

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.