Quiet Induction Kits?

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
My engine cover is damaged and is loose on my engine and causing problems with the original air intake detaching itself, one of the holes on the cover itself is broken and also one of the little plastic clips on the engine has broken too on the same side. It has been like this since I bought it and I kept putting the filter intake back together when it came apart but the little top cover (see pic) has gone completely now.

If I was to buy a new engine cover, I still have the problem of one of the clips on the engine being broken and I don't think they can be replaced so it's probably not going to solve the problem. The other option would be an induction kit as that will lose the cover and filter housing all together. The only problem is the noise, I don't think I can live with it as it's quite noisy from the videos I've seen on Youtube.

Are there any induction kits that are a bit less noisy than others?? And also is there any real benefits to getting one, other than noise? My car is remapped with Superchips and has a Pipercross panel filter, but is otherwise stock performance wise.

Pic:

uIGND.jpg

Edit - Pre-FL 2.0 TFSI FR for the record.

Last edited:

tonto

Apr 17, 2011
plymouth
They're are only normwal when you want them to be tbh.

unlike a N/A car, they dont roar when you boot it, more of a suck and whitle when in boost. oh and the flutter and chatter when off throttle <3

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
So how noisy are they with normal driving? Obviously I don't mind the noise when giving it beans but with day to day driving is it that noticeable? What about on the motorway, is there a constant noise??

Last edited:

Big Dunc

Oct 4, 2011
It will depend on the kit, but most are quiet unless giving it the beans. You should notice significant noise when driving gently

Al

Aug 29, 2005
dBilas is the intake you need. Quiet and very under-rated.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
As Al says dblias is by far the quietest and under rated intake on the market for Tfsi.
Only downside is if running on a k04 car the DV return is very close to the brake reservoir but since the opp has a FR without the return the dblias would be the perfect option.

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Thanks for the info guys, looks like I may go for Dblias.

I've heard that the Forge Twintake is quiet, as long as you move the second intake down towards the front grill near the fog light??

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
On my FR I ran a pipe behind the grill on my twintake which made it nice and quiet inside.
On the other hand for nearly £400 the fit is pretty crap.

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
Yep, wouldn't pay that for one, I'd go second hand if I was to get a twintake.

Any noticeable gains? Seen a few before and after graphs that show an increase ~15-20bhp but I'm a bit skeptical that an intake can make that much difference.

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
The one I had on my FR did increase performance as I was also running Revo stage 2 on a stock car you would notice minimal gains.
On my APR stage 2 Cupra R I'd say the twintake made the car slower and pretty laggy low down. Ivesince bought a bcs intake which is extremely quiet but boy it makes a difference, no lag and much more mod and top end power.
I'd go as far to say the last twintake I had was one of the worst intakes I've had and that's been a few.

luke2702

Cupra K1
Aug 22, 2010
Bolton
The one I had on my FR did increase performance as I was also running Revo stage 2 on a stock car you would notice minimal gains.
On my APR stage 2 Cupra R I'd say the twintake made the car slower and pretty laggy low down. Ivesince bought a bcs intake which is extremely quiet but boy it makes a difference, no lag and much more mod and top end power.
I'd go as far to say the last twintake I had was one of the worst intakes I've had and that's been a few.

Any links to were you got your BCS from mate?

jon-tfsi

Mar 29, 2008
Kev i think the BCS intake is a rebranded AWE kit. Are there any AWE markings on it?

The BSH intake I have on is the quietest i have heard. Quieter than Dbillas and Twintake.
Intakes are generally a lot quieter on Cupras than FR's though in my experience. The K03 makes a racket with an open cone filter

Neuspeed is one of the loudest along with Evoms.