Altech's Ibiza, Replacement Is Here! Can You Guess What It Is? Pg 33

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Haha, I've told myself that I'm not going to modify the BMW (we'll see how long that lasts!) so the readers ride thread might be a bit boring :lol:

i said that about the vrs, i havnt yet, but now going coilies, got porsche rims etc etc, the bug bites hard!! im not going OTT tho. lower alloys maybe tints remap. done!

Ac2709

Mar 31, 2011
Blackpool
What would you recommend some of the first things to do mate?

I really fancy a remap, but only being 21 im not too keen on insurance's view on the matter. They won't understand that it's just 'for economy' :p

Ac2709

Mar 31, 2011
Blackpool
I'll have to get doing some research on HIDs, i saw somewhere that you can get a remap that is undetected (thats if they even detect it in the first place)

When i get the car from the garage i might start up a readers ride. Get some advice.

Cheers guys :)

Altech

Ibiza PD170
Oct 3, 2007
London
HIDs are a good start. Other things like painting badges or wrapping them in vinyl make a big difference.

I suppose it just depends on how much money you want to throw at the car. Major mods like Cupra bumpers, Coilovers and a nice set of wheels really transform the car :)

joelyboy5

Jan 8, 2010
Crawley, West Sussex
I'll have to get doing some research on HIDs, i saw somewhere that you can get a remap that is undetected (thats if they even detect it in the first place)

When i get the car from the garage i might start up a readers ride. Get some advice.

Cheers guys :)

Remaps are pretty much undetectable anyway unless someone who really knows the standard parameters in the ecu and can notice the differences!

Jonbmx900

Jan 5, 2013
wheels

hi i like the look of the octavia vrs alloys on yours i was thinking of getting some but how do they sit in the arch did you have to space them out at all

i have a cupra tdi 160 but am thinking of changing the wheels

with thanks jon

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.