18 inch alloys

May 13, 2007
anyone got 18 inch alloys on ther ibiza whats the handling / ride comfort like especially with lowered suspension any advise helpfull thanks

WJs

MeepMeep
Oct 26, 2006
Netherlands
Yeah, I have 18". Its not that big of a different compared to 17" comfort wise, depends mostly on what lowering set you got. I had it lowered with Eibach springs and it was pretty decent. Depending on the weight of the wheel and how stretched your tires are you will lose some handling ofcourse but not that big of a deal on public roads imo. If you are going to do alot of trackdays, get a 17" lightweight wheel. :)

IbiBoc1.jpg

I actually just bought a coilover set and installed it so its gonna go even lower, but that will make it really rough. hehe, im bouncing around like mad on my 16" winter wheels atm. hehe

Last edited:

mwillis551

No D-Turbo!
Jan 29, 2012
Northern Ireland, Portadown
Yeah, I have 18". Its not that big of a different compared to 17" comfort wise, depends mostly on what lowering set you got. I had it lowered with Eibach springs and it was pretty decent. Depending on the weight of the wheel and how stretched your tires are you will lose some handling ofcourse but not that big of a deal on public roads imo. If you are going to do alot of trackdays, get a 17" lightweight wheel. :)

IbiBoc1.jpg

I actually just bought a coilover set and installed it so its gonna go even lower, but that will make it really rough. hehe, im bouncing around like mad on my 16" winter wheels atm. hehe

What size of tyres you have on your 18s?