Arm rest questions

frazpot

Sep 27, 2011
York
Hi all.

I am aware this has already been covered, believe me i've been trawling through it all!!

So I have decided I would like to install an arm rest. Ideally i'd like a genuine seat one, but they are hard to come by cheap on ebay and looking at £130 from a dealer. ( Unless anyone here might have one they want rid of???!!!:whistle: )
Otherwise does any one have any photos of the Golf version fitted so I can see how it compares to the seat one?
Cheers guys.

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
Try the scrap yard, thats where I got my Golf one from. Try looking for a Toledo one too as I think they were a more popular option on it than the Leon.

No pictures but I believe the Seat ones were like the Audi ones and were rectangular whereas the Golf ones are round at the front. Not much difference apart from that I dont think, maybe the plastic cover that covers the sides going down through the console are different. All in all not a big difference, they are definately all the same fitment so any will do.

ReDBull

Every day's a school day.
Nov 21, 2006
Lincoln
This is a MIV Golf arm rest fitted in my car
94a6c620.jpg

Here's a good fitting guild
http://www.cupra.net/Leon/Mein_Cupra/MAL/page_01.html

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Mine was in the car when i got it, i hardly use it except on long motorway journeys, it also gets in the way of the handbrake

arm3.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm1.jpg

Last edited:

frazpot

Sep 27, 2011
York
Nice. Thanks for that guys, very helpfull.
Bit more searching around for a decent condition one I recon, I'll see what I can hunt down from the scrappies too.

frazpot

Sep 27, 2011
York
Ok
I managed to track down a toledo arm rest!! However, it has no bracket or bolts and has a leather top (ideally id like black cloth)
Im sure I came across part numbers for the bracket and bolts somewhere on here but cant for the life of me find it again! Think you had to get them from VW?
So does anyone know if i might be able to get a cloth top on its own and all the bolts and bracket to go with it?

Thanks

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Why did you buy it if its not what you want & not complete ?

Better off buying 1 complete with the black cloth top you want or ask Dave @ sere motors on the home page for a price

frazpot

Sep 27, 2011
York
Err because it was cheaper and i've been looking for ages and this was the best i've found! I have already spoken to dave, this was a fraction of the £130 for a new one.

pjmdevo

I bought and fitted one from eBay within the last 2 weeks. I didn't fancy paying £130 for a new one...or even £50+ for an old one from a breakers.

Go to eBay and include Europe in your search results.... search for "Golf iv armlehne" or try "8L armlehne"

Okay so it's not the genuine article and the quality isn't amazing. Fitting it was a little difficult.

But it is sturdy and looks just like a genuine one when fitted. Delivery was very quick and it cost me just under £30 combined,

Photos to follow

Brettyboy

Jan 21, 2012
Exeter,Devon
Err because it was cheaper and i've been looking for ages and this was the best i've found! I have already spoken to dave, this was a fraction of the £130 for a new one.

Not cheaper,i paid £35 posted for mk4 golf 1 complete with bracket & bolts,by time you buy bracket & bolts that'll be more.I meant talk to dave for part numbers

frazpot

Sep 27, 2011
York
Not cheaper,i paid £35 posted for mk4 golf 1 complete with bracket & bolts,by time you buy bracket & bolts that'll be more.I meant talk to dave for part numbers

Yeh fair enough, I decided I didn't fancy the golf one tho, heard they were slightly longer than the seat one and i like the look of the square end more than the rounded golf one. I've searched for the A3 8l version too but all the germans i contacted wouldn't bloody post to the uk!!! I know im being slightly picky but thats just the way i roll!! Hopefully i can find my bracket and bolts!

dazjstuart

May 18, 2012
Aberdeen
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-B...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cce0e860b

Theres a bracket mate, don't take this as gospel but I'm pretty sure that the bracket is the same for all types of armrest. IMO you would be better getting a golf one from the scrap yard (mine was £15) fitting it, seeing if you like it, then if you still want a square top part then you can wait till one comes up, and it should just be a straight swap. My guess is you could pick up the whole thing for a golf cheaper than you could buy all the parts separately. If you want to reupholster your leather one theres vids on youtube of people doing that themselves.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.