Leon Mk3 at Paris Motorshow

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
2.0 TDI 184?

Is this the 2.0 TDI 170 with the real output quoted or have they actually made it more powerful?

I take it, it's the same engine?

It's been sliced and diced and reassembled but I believe it is still the same unit.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Interesting a lot of stuff is standard. I remember pricing up Audis and VWs over the last 6 months and a lot of that stuff is extra, even on the hi-spec models.

Looking forward to getting some prices for the extras, I wonder if the full LED lights are going to be £750 like the Xenons were when I bought mine, hope not!

CupraR_Ben

I like the interior, it looks fantastic!

The exterior, not so much.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I wonder if the lack 18" wheels is all down to Co2 emissions and hitting various tax bands?

I read somewhere that wheel size on the new Leon would effect Co2 output. Interestingly the standard 17" wheels on the FR are a £250 option on the new Toledo SE?

Also even on the FR you have to have an engine of 150ps or more to gain the multi link rear axle. 140ps and below get a semi rigid rear axle. Now that will be interesting to see how they ride and handle on the tow different rear suspension systems? Another cost cutting exercise TBH.

Spec is good with standard bluetooth, but agree LED headlights should have been standard. :(

Any prices for these options yet?

Last edited:

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
I wonder if the lack 18" wheels is all down to Co2 emissions and hitting various tax bands?

I read somewhere that wheel size on the new Leon would effect Co2 output. Interestingly the standard 17" wheels on the FR are a £250 option on the new Toledo SE?

Also even on the FR you have to have an engine of 150ps or more to gain the multi link rear axle. 140ps and below get a semi rigid rear axle. Now that will be interesting to see how they ride and handle on the tow different rear suspension systems? Another cost cutting exercise TBH.

Spec is good with standard bluetooth, but agree LED headlights should have been standard. :(

Any prices for these options yet?

There are 18" wheel options (see spec sheet) - they just had two sets available at the motorshow (see pics). We preferred the other style which is not available on the UK spec.

Scott

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
There are 18" wheel options (see spec sheet) - they just had two sets available at the motorshow (see pics). We preferred the other style which is not available on the UK spec.

Scott

Argh yes, just seen the other and they do look better and probably more expensive. Strange they are not offered as an option in the UK? I suppose they will end up in the accessories brochure?

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
Im liking the look of the new Clio Sport. 5 door model too with what looks like hidden rear door handles...

clio-renaultsport-200.jpg

Last edited:

Honight

That rear is ugly hopefully they do some sort of btcc thing again smarten it up a touch. Interiors alot better more like vw hopefully it won't come with a vw price tag. Loving the led lights

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Even I will prefer LED lights

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Well I finally got to see the mk3 in the flesh at the show yesterday. First impressions are that i really like the look of it, would still prefer the 3 door version though as for me the rear doesn't seem right with the 4 doors. Interior is waaaaaaaaaaay above what I was expecting, i absolutely LOVE the interior. I am pretty sure I will defo be getting one in a few years time. Will wait for them to be out a bit and see what sort of issues they develop and also settle my car and sell for a decent deposit hehehehe

indyr

May 2, 2011
Roll on the Cupra, I'm impressed with the new Leon so far and it looks much more adventurous than the standard mk7 Golf models, but the Cupra will have to go some to trump the new GTI, IMHO

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24

Did anyone else notice the battery cover in the new GTi mk7 (white one pictured).... Exactly the same as in the current Leon Cupra R MK2 - I have just ordered the parts for my Cupra R as I don't like the cloth design and think it looks tacky with the exposed cables etc - VW cutting costs as well, surely not lol?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.