Projector hid how to.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Yes that's it but its very expensive and you don't get the ballasts, and if your doing main and dipped you will need two kits. I have my first set in the garage, one side just needs the angel eye replacing as its blown, let me know if your interested.

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
My efforts
DSC05231-1.jpg

DSC05239.jpg

DSC05238.jpg

soooo much better than standard hids but I struggled all the way with the lights lol
just glad they turned out ok :)

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
Looking good mate, yeah getting the lenses off is a pita, although the second set i did came apart a lot easier by putting them in the oven.

Last edited:

dday

old bowy
Mar 3, 2008
Phill just seen your car on ebay is it the car or the old engine for sale.

selfagg

Apr 27, 2008
Newark
Damn those lights are tidy... Way above my skills though... Don't suppose you'd know anywhere that sells projector lights premade? Without the angel eyes... Not quite to my tastes if I'm honest.

gdjohny

Crazy Mechanical Engineer
Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
how did you attached the projector? I mean did you took it apart and lens went from the front and the rest through the back?
od did you made the hole where original bulb was bigger and feed it through there?

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
They fit through the hole that the bulb fixings where screwed to and held in place by a screw fitting and a shaped washer thats inc in the kit.

Last edited:

gdjohny

Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
i have just opened my lights and the hole is tiny. there is no way I could put a 2.5 or 3 inch lens through it.
how big are the ones you got in? 3 inches?

cra19n

C14 RGG
May 8, 2010
glasgow
I'm looking to do this but unsure what kit to go for or where to get it from?
Anyone able to let me know where you got your kit from and what shrouds you went for?

Cheers

gdjohny

Dec 25, 2010
Kettering
Don't understand how they are fitted :/
Do you have to take the lens apart and put one part from the back and the other from the front?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.