New car 1st oil burner :)

MMA FR150

MMA Team Gladiator
Jul 4, 2009
stoke
Hello everyone. Right quick update, I no longer have my Cupra R or my formula sport Ibiza 100. I am now a extremely happy and proud owner of the seat exeo sport cr 170 tdi.
What can I say the car is not the Cupra in terms of speed power. It is like driving a fast sofa (lol) the car is smooth picks up incredibly well and drives awesome. It is really good on fuel and full of gadgets :)! I am interested to know what other people think? I have a bit of flack people saying it is a poor mans Audi, IMO it is a WISE mans Audi! Love it will upload a few pics soon. Any one know of any problems connected to the car. Ie door sills or damp foot wells like Cupra R. Cheers in advance.

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
I find people are aware of the Seat brand, but it's rare that anyone knows what an Exeo is and I always end up having to explain it's a Seat A4, which isn't cool. On the plus side, I barely see one a week so it's quite a rare sight. If I could afford an Audi I'd have bought one, but I feel I've got the best compromise. Depreciation will be steep, but I'll keep mine a long time anyway.

MMA FR150

MMA Team Gladiator
Jul 4, 2009
stoke
I find people are aware of the Seat brand, but it's rare that anyone knows what an Exeo is and I always end up having to explain it's a Seat A4, which isn't cool. On the plus side, I barely see one a week so it's quite a rare sight. If I could afford an Audi I'd have bought one, but I feel I've got the best compromise. Depreciation will be steep, but I'll keep mine a long time anyway.

I will always choose seat over audi and volkswagen. like you say i think it lives in the audi shadow but the shape is different from the a4 it looks a lot better lines IMO. the engine is really strong pulls like a train and has a smooth delivery the drive is really tight and handles nothing like it should. i have posted a link to my facebook album to the exeo. computer is being a fool and wont let me post direct images ?

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
It is what it is, the old shape A4 with the new engines. The engines are good, although I've had my re-mapped as I thought it was a bit flat compared to my last car - the Exeo is heavier though.

If I'm honest I find the ride uncomfortable, which is the compromise for better handling, but the car doesn't suit being thrown round corners. It's too big for that. I'm also always embarrassed by the lack of leg room in the rear, when I have passengers, especially given the size of the car.

Another annoyance for me is they've used the stylish cabriolet dashboard, which see's the dials recessed under cowling - to help with sun glare with the top down - but this just means I struggle to see them without the lights on!

MMA FR150

MMA Team Gladiator
Jul 4, 2009
stoke
Definitely agree with you there on the lack of leg room. I also agree with your comment on the drive. I have accepted the fact it is not going to handle corners as well as my Cupra R but compared to a Citroen c5 and insignia I feel that it is superior not in size or anything just comfort in seats driving position and engines.:)
I struggle to see the dash and didn't realise this is the reason why cheers for that insight. I am happy with the car at the moment until I hit midlife crisis then will want speed again. By that time kids will have grown up and then I can buy a rs3 or rs4 :)
Could you tell me what your mpg figures are with a remap? Is it worth getting it done?

Last edited:

Loonyjuice

Dec 5, 2005
Warrington
Is it worth getting done, I'd say definitely. However, it's now possible to get the traction control light to flicker in 4th if it's wet and you're coming off a roundabout!

Mpg seems about the same, but the computer reads about 5 mpg optimistic. Depends how you drive it, of course. Mine as usually in the mid-high 40's, but my commute isn't always smooth.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise