window switches

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Hi all,

bought some window switches for my Ibiza they were off a 02 plate same shape Ibiza etc switches look the same apart from the plug which I found out tonight I took apart a switch before and rebuilt it and it worked ok for abit so after this I thought ill rebuild it again and with some cleaner rebuilt them and they work.

my main point is are there 2 sorts of switches for these

turboholic

CupraPower
Mar 4, 2010
Bristol/Bath/Frome
think there are 2 different ones yes. one is just 1 click (hold it down to go down and up to go up). the other is 'luxury'. 2 clicks. press it down to feel 2 clicks and the window goes down automatically. the same with going up.

someone correct me if im wrong!

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
think there are 2 different ones yes. one is just 1 click (hold it down to go down and up to go up). the other is 'luxury'. 2 clicks. press it down to feel 2 clicks and the window goes down automatically. the same with going up.

someone correct me if im wrong!

This is correct, the single click one is passenger side, both driver side switches should be 'one touch' switches, with the 2 clicks. They have different plugs on the bottom.

If your having trouble with them just buy new ones from the dealer, about 30quid each for the 'luxury/ one touch' versions

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
My cars got the one touch on drivers side as said above I'll post pics up later the connections are different managed to sort mine out now though I rebuilt it so when you wanted window up it went down and the same for down to up lol I took it apart put the inside the right way all sorted and some cleaner with a cotton bud

Chez

Dec 29, 2002
Edinburgh
Visit site
My driver side window switch works on one click for down but I need to hold it to put the window up, passenger switch on the drivers door is ok with one click but occasionally does the same as driver side.

Maybe needing a clean up too?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise