heating

andrewsxe

sorry if this (probably) has been discussed before.

but today i was driving along stopped for tax and set off again and all of a sudden my temp hand went in to the red, turned my fan onto the hot air full blast and that brought it back to half way (usual). the top hose is piping hot the rad and bottom hose is freezing cold but the fan is blowing hot air.

i was thinking that it is the thermastat, am i right? maybe just a blockage? any ideas? thanks in advance

once again sorry if this was discussed

andrewsxe

hi everyone again found the infomation i was after, noticed that i was spelling thermostat wrong. but it is the thermostat.

andrewsxe

Hi all got the thermostat changed and all was going well driving round for just over a day and then, it started over heating AGAIN. Flushed out the raditor and took off the thermostat housing to flush the engine and noticed that the new thermostat, the pin had came out and was stuck half way thru the housing.
Is it common to get a duff thermostat or was i just unlucky?
Well the thermostats out now but my air isnt while warm so i guess ill have to put one in.

andrewsxe

I put the new one in and it started over heating so i think its still got some air in it (i hope) hasnt been run in a few and noticed the water levels dropped.

andrewsxe

I was at it yesterday and pulled it apart to look closer at the thermostat and it had a big craic in it so im going to change it.

andrewsxe

I wouldnt mind not having the thermostat in but then the fans in tue car is cold and i need the heat for the child so ill just change it now too. Does anyone have or know where i can get a pedal bix at a decent orice?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
If you can't weld then you'll have to pay someone plus the cost of the Box, save yourself £90 and just remove and weld the old one, same result.

andrewsxe

When i got the car the pedal box was broke and the clutch bit was gone. So i need one with it. Alo i had it welded and it broke again

andrewsxe

I noticed in an older therd that someone said that tradeparts sells pedal boxs at £35, is this true? The post was back in 2011
Does anyone have an account with them?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
possibly, £35 seems too cheap even from TPS, maybe 'mates rates'?
TPS are supposed to be a Trade Only supplier but i think it appears to be how accommodating the staff/Branch Manager is, some do some don't.
worth a phone call, popping in even better if near.