Seat belt warning - Snap-on Modis to remove?

christianbeccy

My 2006 Leon has a problem with the Seat-belt warning and it gives me RAGE. It falsely triggers all the time. I've tried to work out whether it's the Driver or Passenger seat that is causing the issue and I've been unable to determine. I religiously ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, but the false triggers are really doing my head in.

I know this can be disabled, but whats the easiest way? I have access to a Snap-On Modis (one of the leading Diagnostic tools), but the guy that owns it doesn't have any VAG experience. Does anyone know if this option can be switched off/on using a Modis?

I'm relunctant to spend a fortune on some kind of kit/lead/software when this is the only thing I want to do, although I don't mind spending a few quid.

Anyone help?

christianbeccy

sclarkson82 - Was it easy to do? I'm sure if the Solus can do it, the Modis can. Help!!

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Search for a 11.11.3 VAGCOM cable on google mate and its any from DHGate, buy one from a reputable seller on there. Some have reviews to confirm they work. Mine was from last year and the link is now gone from there

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
Search for a 11.11.3 VAGCOM cable on google mate and its any from DHGate, buy one from a reputable seller on there. Some have reviews to confirm they work. Mine was from last year and the link is now gone from there

Cheers will have a look now, are they easy to use or am I likely to break something?

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
The first one surely won't work since it says OBDII which is for the Mk1 Leon not the Mk2 one. I am not sure about the second one since it doesn't really say anything, so I'd avoid it. Just search for one that is CAN-BUS compatible, it should say "CAN" in its title or in the description.

Deleted member 74601

Where are you located. If you're just wanting to do the one thing, someone on here might help.

With regards to fake and real cables, I had a fake cable for a while before I decided to buy the full deal. You can usually access most modules, but my fake one was painfully slow compared to the proper one on scanning and logging.

christianbeccy

I'm in Norwich and a beer token awaits anyone that'll do this for me. I'll come to you within reason!

Does it lose the light too? I don't want the light on any more than the bing-bong!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

christianbeccy

Any more help with this one? I wonder how much the main dealer would charge to do it? Probably a full diagnostics charge I bet.

I really think it's the drivers-side buckle causing the false trigger, if it does it and I try really hard not to move and undoing the seat belt and putting in again will stop it, briefly.

That said, I still want it disabled because I want to be free to put stuff on my passenger seat without getting 'told off' for it!!!:lol:

christianbeccy

Any Norwich people willing to do this for me?

Or show me a link to a kit that will definitely do it please?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise