MK3 ibiza cupra Problems finding the Right Master Cylinder (Brakes)

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
i have a yreg ibiza cupra and i beleive the master cylinder has gone on it.

Iv been to earo car parts and given them my registration number for them to give me the right master cylinder. the one they have given me is longer and thinner than the one on my car. my current broken one is short and stubby and the brake line mounting hols are close together on the old one whereas on the new one they are further apart. can anyone help me in locating the right one or do you know if the other will fit?

This one mucka

20130131_171454-1.jpg

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
thats the one euro car parts gave me. its not the same as the one thats on at the minute. will it still work do you know?

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
yeah thats right its fitted to the servo and has two lines running into it.

not sure what you mean about crossing over from the OE number.?

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
yeah theres a part number on the end of it 3110153 (or at least i think thats the part number) iv not got it off yet as a bolt on one of the lines is being a bitch. cant loosten it at all. its bending open ended spanners.

cupra_spencer

Jan 19, 2009
the whole reson for buing in this mess was a simple disk and pad change. couldnt get the piston on the rear caliper to screw back in so had to take the caliper off totally and hold it still in the vice. after re-assembling it all i started the car but have no brakes at all, the pedal just hits the floor!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise