Help needed!

Gloucester_John

Firstly hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Finally got myself a mk3 Ibiza cupra and am loving it :)

I've installed a head unit under the steering column, thanks to Ethan040 for the guide on that one! Unfortunately, being a bit of a dork, I've managed to lose the small '+' fan button to the left of the AC button on the heating console. I've searched everywhere but to no avail. I've rang my local Seat dealership who have quoted £371 :O for a new console unit as the button doesn't come seperate and an eBay search has proved fruitless. Is there anyone on here breaking an Ibiza that might be able to hook up this cold idiot with a button?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Welcome John... Just to let people know John bought my ibiza I had for sale.

eBay is the best to source a second hand one but I think either way I think you going to be buying a whole face for it. If you think about it, taking a bottom out could stop someone selling the whole face.

I do think your a wolly though, big school boy error, but well don't for searching ;-)

Gloucester_John

Lol yeah thanks Robbie. I expected Seat to quote something silly but I wasn't ready for £371. Annoying they don't sell the buttons separate, they can't cost much to manufacture.

Guess you're right, would obviously want to deprive someone of more money. Just a bit desperate! No heating sucks lol

Gloucester_John

That meant to say wouldn't want to deprive someone of money lol iPhone autocorrect stitching me up again.

Gloucester_John

I didn't think of them! Fantastic shout, it's only a few miles away as well. I gave them a bell but they've shut down their computers for the night so can't check. Thanks for pointing me in their direction, hope they can help.

Jul 21, 2010
Was there a few weeks ago and had one, its in where they keep the stereos it's the one right at the back hiding away ;)

Reactions: turboboy

Gloucester_John

You'll be pleased to hear that in the interim I've managed to fashion a working switch from a paper clip lol I have heating! Good times.

Gloucester_John

Ethan040 posted it but if you google something along the lines of 'fitting a CD player under your steering wheel mk3 ibiza' then you should find it ok.
I had a bit of a nightmare with mine, the guide was fantastic but halfords sold me the wrong connecting block! So I'm there lining all the cables up, soldering stuff in etc and then the bloody thing doesn't work! Ended up getting a multimeter and checking all the cables myself and going from there. All fitted now and used Adam R's guide in here to wire in a sub which I did today! SeatCupra.Net is the way forward ;)

got-boost?

How many wires did you run from the standard loom to your CD player? Was it just constant live switched live and earth? Do you remember what colour wires they were so I can cheat and just go straight in lol cheers mate

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Sub=boom boom boom.

Like you said its a good job your lightweight to compensate for the extra weight you added

Gloucester_John

Just the 3 wires yeah, I can't remember the colours off the top of my head but I can have a look tomorrow and let you know. I was up to my eyeballs in wire cutters, solder, crimps, multimeter readings...I was getting stressed lol I probably made it more difficult on myself but I figured it out in the end.

Haha luurrrve da bass. Lightweight buddy!

Jaycupra51

Mar 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
I've got the adaption piece for the stereo to go in under the steering wheel
If your interested also loads of audio equipment I took all my install out

JacketJ

Jul 13, 2008
Hampshire
If Phil can't help out with the button drop me a PM and I'll send you one. Looks fine but two of the 4 small clips which help hold it in place are missing, the main rod bit which pushes the button is still fine though and it works alright. Couple of pics to show what I mean:

L4eXtR6.png

cSEQ5oc.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members