Leon TDI Stylance (Small Update Page 3)

kenny 26

Your car is looking well. I see you in Portadown all the time... Out of interest who is your mate that sprayed your bumpers as I have 2 fr bumpers that need sprayed? Im also looking to do the BTCC exhaust with the fr bumper, as there is just too many leons with BTCC kits over ere lol

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Your car is looking well. I see you in Portadown all the time... Out of interest who is your mate that sprayed your bumpers as I have 2 fr bumpers that need sprayed? Im also looking to do the BTCC exhaust with the fr bumper, as there is just too many leons with BTCC kits over ere lol

Called Ian Montgomery, you will see him in a white glanza about Portadown. I think its a better choice going with the fr bumpers and BTCC exhaust, nice to stand out abit. Want me to get you a price on the 2 bumpers and exhaust fitted?

Nice wheels!

Thanks dude :)

kenny 26

Yea that would be great if you would. Im still on the hunt for an exhaust atm. Did he cut out your rear apron for the other side of the exhaust aswell??

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Yea lad, made a template an copied it on the other side. Done a brill job of it too! I got lucky an mine came off a damaged leon, told there £350 new! Wild money. If you want a look round mine don't be afraid to pull up in town an i will let you see all :)

Will ask him here an give ya should on facebook with a price

kenny 26

Yea lad, made a template an copied it on the other side. Done a brill job of it too! I got lucky an mine came off a damaged leon, told there £350 new! Wild money. If you want a look round mine don't be afraid to pull up in town an i will let you see all :)

Will ask him here an give ya should on facebook with a price

Good job! Aye £300 from sere motors. Im keeping an eye out on gumtree and the local breakers for an exhaust but nothing yet :-( lol yea i shall pull up beside you some nyt and see Wat the crack is Haha

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Another wee update

Few more wee bits an pieces have been updated to the Leon..

Hard to notice in the picture but there's 5mm spacers on the back wheels and also longer wheel studs

FB4F2643-23AC-4F00-A096-BA41958B3F67-6852-00000233463FC412.jpg

Bought a 'stubby' Ariel

CC9013C1-3F0F-4F79-B851-15CF6C365104-6852-00000233393DE477.jpg
[/IMG]

Tinted the side repeaters. Made a big difference to the look

FA70516B-E46F-455E-A385-5B945591648B-6852-000002332EC52BF6.jpg

Also tinted the side of the front windows with a light tint. Hard to notice in the picture though

523854_10151278139829529_835915382_n.jpg

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Small update

Got bored one day and decided to fit a boost gauge to the car with help from a friend. Wanted to be different so decided to fit it in the driver air event..

Whats your opinion?

IMG_10161_zps5c514f28.jpg

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Small update

Got bored one day and decided to fit a boost gauge to the car with help from a friend. Wanted to be different so decided to fit it in the driver air event..

Whats your opinion?

IMG_10161_zps5c514f28.jpg

Looks great, always wanted to do this but never got round to it. Do you have a link for all the bits and pieces needed please with a quick how to?

Thanks

Arnie-Wilson

Leon 1.9Tdi Stylance
Jan 29, 2011
Portadown, NI
Looks great, always wanted to do this but never got round to it. Do you have a link for all the bits and pieces needed please with a quick how to?

Thanks

Afriad not, i just landed down at my friends and says can we fit this, 2 and half hours later it was finished. I will try explain it from what i remember doing..

Remove the front face of the vent, i ripped it out as im going to need a whole new vent if i decide to take it out..then there are 4 wee clips holding the vent in, they have to be pushed into the vent for you to be able to pull it out.

Once vent is out, we got a metal sheet of steel (3mm thick i think) and cut it to fit the boost gauge face and the out edge of the steel to fit into the vent surround.

Screwed the boost gauge together and fitted it back into the car.. all hosing and wires push in first and pulled down to where the OBD socket is located.

We then drilled a hole, Just up from the clutch pedal and it comes out above the where the turbo is located in the engine back (take this slowly as possible and be careful not to catch any wires)

Drilled a hole in the intercooler pipe for the boost gauge to read from. Fitted a tyre valve for this to be achieved and connected the hose to the tyre valve.

To light the gauge up we wired it to the back of the radio, so its always lit when the car is on.

That's basically it, i hope that helps abit :)

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
That definately helps, just need to see where I can find that gauge from, and do you have a pic of the pipe connected to your intercooler pipe?

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise