traction control kicking in all the time...

davepm-mk3

Sep 17, 2012
recently fixed the ABS and traction light on my cupra, but the traction control is always kicking in, even in the dry when im driving slowly, I turn it off most the time but sometimes I turn it back on and its fine.... I have stretched tyres on the car if this could effect it?
thanks for any help

davepm-mk3

Sep 17, 2012
nope, just driving normally and it just keeps flicking on, and then getting up too speed it keeps cutting in making it a pain to get up to speed

Apr 12, 2008
Are u sure your tires are the same size? Is it possible that wheel radius can change so much if a tyre is stretched excesivley? For example, if u have 195 45 16 on 7J in front, and 195 45 16 on 9J on rear?

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
Dirty or loose abs rings would cause this, they're screwed onto the back of the flange on the front, and the same I think on the rear...

Have you had Vagcom on it? When it has the fault.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

davepm-mk3

Sep 17, 2012
Dirty or loose abs rings would cause this, they're screwed onto the back of the flange on the front, and the same I think on the rear...

Have you had Vagcom on it? When it has the fault.

i have put 2 new rings on the front along with sensors, its had 2 bits of wire soldered in on both sides too as this was causing the lights to come on, havent vagcom it since having the wire soldered in, the light never stays on, just flickers on while driving but not all the time, will give the rings and sensors a good clean, thanks for reply

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
i have put 2 new rings on the front along with sensors, its had 2 bits of wire soldered in on both sides too as this was causing the lights to come on, havent vagcom it since having the wire soldered in, the light never stays on, just flickers on while driving but not all the time, will give the rings and sensors a good clean, thanks for reply

Correct number of holes yeh?

It's an odd one

davepm-mk3

Sep 17, 2012
Make sure your sensor is all the way in I had to shave mine as it did this

yep sensors are all the way in, other wise this can trigger ABS light, everything is fitted as it should, but its so low to the gound and gets lots of mud throw around the wheels so may have some grit or dirt on the sensors

thanks for all the help guys!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.