New Leon

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Hey,

I'm now the proud owner of a Seat Leon again :lol: after my Mondeo ST diesel was written off.

It's a Seat Leon FR tdi150 last edition, seems all standard & checked with the seller. He assures me it's not been touched! Just wanted to know if there is anyway of finding out if its been mapped, other then rolling road of course.

It seems to pull really well, not sure if its just exceeded my expectations :D or if because the mondeo was much heavier, had that mapped, de cat & full exhaust system. But the Leon seems much quicker...

Another quick one, did a search. But couldn't find the answer? When you lock the car is the chirp standard? It's. 55plate.

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
I'd say it would jsut be because of the weight and size of the Mondeo tbh, If you ever go to get it mapped and the first roller printout shows higher than expected or the mapper sees there's a lready a map, usually they'll jsut charge you for the time you're there and upgrade the map, so you win eiher way :p

The chirp isn't completely standard I don't think, it is on the car as standard but i've never seen one activated to do it, usually you have to go onto VAGCOM and enable it?

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Yeah I didn't think the chirp was normal, had a 2001 20vt before the mondeo & now got this. So being newer & diesel, still learning :)

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Thanks for the post by the way mate, Think I will pop it down to Jabba I the next couple of months. Have to change a few little bits, make it your own. If you know what mean!?

KarlB1

Nov 15, 2012
Aylesbury
Yeah most likely somebody has had a play around on Vagcom or something.

Tried to activate the chirp on mine jsut to see what it soudns like but i need the full version of VCDS!

I know exactly what you mean, mine was fully standard and i've jsut changed a few bits to make it my own kind of thing, was considering a remap but i'm gonna save up first so i can go all out at once and go for hybrid, map, bigger brakes etc all at roughly the same time.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.