MK3 Leon SC unveil

Wimbledonian

Aug 31, 2010
milling around
I just grabbed the side-on SC pic and the equivalent shot of the 5-door from Seat's site, and indeed where the rear window of the 5-door slopes at 40 degrees, the 3-door has a 30 degree rake. :thumbup:

gaffer1986

SEAT has missed a trick, the three door leon targets people who want a sportier looking car. They could have easily turned it into a scirocco rival and charged extra over the 5 door leon.

They should have called it the Seat SC and it should have looked more like this IMO:

render_nuova_seat_leon_03.jpg

Last edited:

Balddee2

Oct 10, 2009
Looks great to me, just need to wait for the Cupra now and then fingers crossed could have the next car lined up.

kenboon

May 28, 2005
Derby
I admit I was one of those that hated the MK2 when it first came along and ended up owning one and loving it :) I'm looking forward to seeing what the Mk3 Cupra will look like in 3 door guise :) I really do hope they offer DSG as an option too.

Out of interest this thread is a typical reaction to the Mk2 when it was first introduced:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36663

Plenty of "Oh dear, I prefer the old one" type comments. It will be interesting to see how the reaction to the Mk3 develops over the coming months/years.

I think they could have made so much more from the SC, you expect them to play safe with the 5 door but with the 3 door and the IB concept they could have really created a nice car, not that the Mk3 isn't nice but I do think it will date more quickly than the Mk2, thats been around since 2005 and it still looks relatively modern, i don't think the Mk3 will look as good in 8 years time.

I'd still consider one, the Mk3 1.4FR 3 door in grey with winter pack and LEDs would do me. But The GTC is slightly nicer looking externally but the Leon wins on the interior, 5 years 0% and a healthy discount helps the vauxhall though ...

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
All I can say to that is just wow! What a phenomenal car, I will definitely be looking at this with interest when it reaches the UK.

AndyT_UK

Jan 21, 2011
YO30 / YO25
I like it a lot - not amazingly radical like a Hyundai Veloster but still very stylish. Should age all the better too for not being too OTT.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
Guessing this will be more than the 5 door then?

Looks nice, shame they're holding back the black roof lining for the Cupra though!

I agree with Ol'Timer when I was on here when the mk2 was announced the thread was full of dislike for it. Would like to see one in person and have a little test drive. :p

Last edited:

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Yes it will be cheaper, that's one of the biggest selling points as its a much more attractive car IMO! If it follows the pattern of the Ibiza the used values will be slightly higher than the 5dr but we'll have to see.

Apparently there will be an 'ST estate coming next...

xSullx

Jul 16, 2012
Estonia
The estate looks the best of the lot.
Waiting for the ST myself as well. Hopefully it'll be present at Geneva with the SC.
Don't understand why it takes so long to get other body versions out really. There aren't even any official pictures of the estate avaulable. (sorry for the slight off-topic)

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Waiting for the ST myself as well. Hopefully it'll be present at Geneva with the SC.
Don't understand why it takes so long to get other body versions out really. There aren't even any official pictures of the estate avaulable. (sorry for the slight off-topic)

I know - I'm looking forward to the estate, if you Google Leon ST, some nice mock ups come up. If it looks even close to any of them SEAT will have a winner.

EndlessNameless

Keep it Maximum
Jun 26, 2012
It's alright, but nothing more than that for me. I was hoping for something more Scirocco-like. I already wanted a GT86 as my next car anyway, and I don't imagine this will change my mind.

As it is, it's more like the two body styles of the A3 - and I prefer the 5-door.

I'll judge it properly when I see it in the metal.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.