Candy White Mk5 1.4sc...MODS OFF AND CAR SOLD AND REPLACED WITH MK2 LEON FR

May 31, 2011
Essex
today found slight crack in my air filter where weld is so i decided to put my standard air box back on but before i did it i decided to have a little play first .....

i took all this out of the air box
IMAG0274_zpse9d393af.jpg

which made it look like this
IMAG0277_zpsbe3f8f9f.jpg

next step is to order a pipercross panel filter as standard filter in there atm sucks

May 31, 2011
Essex
Cheers next is either fit my springs or get coilovers and fit them.

Also re paint wheels changing the colour though still going to be bright ;)
Spray lower part of rear bumper white
Spray front bumper again as few little issues with it atm still
Spray mirror caps possibly

This should all happen in next month then its custom made induction kit New exhaust and a remap

Not much :)

Last edited:
May 31, 2011
Essex
Your going for a remap?

How much gains you expecting to get? Max i've seen is going from 85bhp to about 91bhp.

Yeah will not be much gain I'm mainly after the better response and to kill the MASSIVE flat spots from the engine, hate the fact need to rev it loads and for nothing to happen until after 3000rpm

Aug 8, 2011
Braintree, Essex
Let me know where you get the map done. And what improvements you notice.
I looked at it a while back, but no one seemed to do it just for the 1.4 16v. And many said if they did, it would see little to no gains. Its the flat spots that irritate me. I looked at the pedal boxes, but that caused havoc on the forum about where they are good or not haha.

Im in essex to, so will be good to know where you get it done!

May 31, 2011
Essex
Let me know where you get the map done. And what improvements you notice.
I looked at it a while back, but no one seemed to do it just for the 1.4 16v. And many said if they did, it would see little to no gains. Its the flat spots that irritate me. I looked at the pedal boxes, but that caused havoc on the forum about where they are good or not haha.

Im in essex to, so will be good to know where you get it done!

I have asked about it with about 6 companies and all mainly 5-10 bhp extra and same on torque but all said it will even out flat spots and that's the main part I'm after the extra power in bonus, read a thread when someone else had it done and said it made a massive difference to the way the car drove

AMD in thurrock will prob be where I go to said will work out about 300 but it makes the drive loads better then well worth it in my eyes, also as my dad is getting his a4 estate remapped there soon to so will ask abouti more when I get there.

Apr 28, 2012
gravesend
I have asked about it with about 6 companies and all mainly 5-10 bhp extra and same on torque but all said it will even out flat spots and that's the main part I'm after the extra power in bonus, read a thread when someone else had it done and said it made a massive difference to the way the car drove

AMD in thurrock will prob be where I go to said will work out about 300 but it makes the drive loads better then well worth it in my eyes, also as my dad is getting his a4 estate remapped there soon to so will ask abouti more when I get there.

when are you looking at going

May 31, 2011
Essex
Decided to fit my grille and short aerial today not sure on grille may paint the edge white to match car and see from there as its a shiny grey atm
IMAG0289_zps071eaf1c.jpg

IMAG0288_zps1654c4ac.jpg

Apr 14, 2011
how hard was it to remove the fins outa the airbox wana do that with mine and add a pipercross filter

May 31, 2011
Essex
how hard was it to remove the fins outa the airbox wana do that with mine and add a pipercross filter

Really easy I just used pliers snapped it all off as best I could and then got a dremel on some hard to reach places and for other bits just used sand paper to smooth it all out then drilled the holes in the bottom abit bigger as see someone else do it on here but they did most of the box I didn't fancy doing that.

My idea is to put pipercross filter in now to as was much more responsive with induction kit on and now back to standard it makes the flat spots so much worse.

May 31, 2011
Essex
WHEEL CHANGE,
kind of lol just got myself another set of audi tt ronal wheels like i already have these ones are in black though bargain price only got them due to them having better tyres than i currently have on my wheels and price i paid for 4 with good tyres was same as price for 2 new tyres on pink sey so happy days lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.