Wheel spacers... Sooo many too choose from

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Hey people,

Im trying to figure out which/what spacers are best to buy. But theres loads to choose from diff brands, hubcentric system A, centric system B. Tapered bolts, standard bolts.

Basically ive got aftermarket 17inch alloys and im looking for around 10/15mm either side. But theres so many to look at ive fried my brain haha

Anyone got any previous exp or advice to help me find the right set?

Thanks

James

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
I got a fairly cheap hubcentric set for my standard alloys off eBay. the bolts are designed better and unlike my more expensive alloy FK spacers the treads don't ware down. The cheap ones are made from steel so heavier but I prefer them

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
I just got some 15mm spacers off ebay. theyre made from aluminium so really light. mine had extended wheel bolts. really easy to fit. just make sure theyre tight!!! no rubbing issues and it looks spot on stance. got 40mm lower too on mine =D

Dec 29, 2010
Mids
Mine are 20mm fk from awesome bolt on hubcentric so no need for longer bolts and you can still keep the original locking wheel nut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
I got a fairly cheap hubcentric set for my standard alloys off eBay. the bolts are designed better and unlike my more expensive alloy FK spacers the treads don't ware down. The cheap ones are made from steel so heavier but I prefer them

See i was wondering why theres such a difference in price between branded ones like eibach and fk compared to ebay non branded ones. Is it just weight or is there actually such a thing as a 'better' spacer? Thanks for the input aswell my man.

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
I just got some 15mm spacers off ebay. theyre made from aluminium so really light. mine had extended wheel bolts. really easy to fit. just make sure theyre tight!!! no rubbing issues and it looks spot on stance. got 40mm lower too on mine =D

How is the 15mm? Does it look a peach? I was wondering if that would be too much and couldnt decide between 10/15mm. Cars looking good aswell pal! Cheers for the input.

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Mine are 20mm fk from awesome bolt on hubcentric so no need for longer bolts and you can still keep the original locking wheel nut

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The fk ones are a set that i was looking at, whats the life expectancy of those like? Have you had them on a while?

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
Also random question, is it better to have ones that replace the bolts or ones that allow me too keep my locking wheel nuts? For example is one safer etc?

mickyp1989

Dec 8, 2011
How is the 15mm? Does it look a peach? I was wondering if that would be too much and couldnt decide between 10/15mm. Cars looking good aswell pal! Cheers for the input.

I didnt have any issues with scrubbing on mine. It was my main concern on when i got them as i often have 3/4 passengers in the car and didnt want it rubbing on the arch as its already lowered.

Ill put some pics on later on so you can see what you think. personally i think it looks spot on as i have slightly wider profile tires on the front anyway

thehawk18

Nov 26, 2010
Lincoln
I didnt have any issues with scrubbing on mine. It was my main concern on when i got them as i often have 3/4 passengers in the car and didnt want it rubbing on the arch as its already lowered.

Ill put some pics on later on so you can see what you think. personally i think it looks spot on as i have slightly wider profile tires on the front anyway

Spot on matey! Ive got lo-profiles on mine but its just to get an idea of what would look right.
How low have you gone roughly?

FR_MATT

Jun 2, 2010
Fk ones are quite cheap from them direct, their UK site is something like car parts tuning. Com

Dpm may able to price match though save the wait from Germany...

Packham

Jul 19, 2011
Sheffield
See i was wondering why theres such a difference in price between branded ones like eibach and fk compared to ebay non branded ones. Is it just weight or is there actually such a thing as a 'better' spacer? Thanks for the input aswell my man.

I think it's just the material they are made of the steel ones seem a lot more durable, and like I said with the alloy ones when I removed the bolts there was like shavings off the alloy thread. the bolts are also deeper my fk ones are starting to round off already!

But around 2 of the alloy spacers weigh the same as 1 steel

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.