Clock lights and 3 beeps

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
Hi folks

Still have a prob with my 53 plate 130 pd Ibiza.

I have engine management light, steering light, abs light and red flashing handbrake light. After starting, 3 beeps will sound. Same beep that the fuel gauge does.

When I was driving the car, if I was to steer quite a bit like on roundabouts, the fuel gauge would drop so much that it would beep, even though there's a quarter tank in her.

Having done a search and read many topics on here. I have done the following.....

Replaced battery for new Bosch silver
Had bondiblu check my clocks over and reflux them(cheers man)
Checked the load signal wires under the starter
Checked the fuses on top of the battery

Any other ideas?

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
From the amount of silly posts he's made, it looks like he's building his post count with meaningless replies.

Should be booted off then, what a **** lol

Anyone with a vagcom nearby that could scan it for you?

It's been on vagcom mate. I did post up the results a while back when the prob first arose but didn't get much of a response other than peeps saying to replace battery, check load signal wires and clocks.

What's most annoying is, I've replied to threads and pm'd people who have had pretty much the same problem yet they've all refused to reply :(

Hoping to get the wheel speed sensors checked as apparently the same thing has happened on mk4 golfs and a speed sensor was the cause

belfastchris45

Apr 8, 2009
belfast
im having the same issue now mate. Mime started off just the once then all ok. Now it seems to be on off on off all the time...the bloody beeping. lol. Im no expert but the fact its jumping on/off all the times makes me think of a lose/bad connection

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
I had to move my Ibiza off the drive the other day. Flat as a pancake even though i fitted the Bosch silver battery last summer. It wouldn't even jump start using my 2.5 t4. Anyway, I decided to fit original battery when I spotted my earth lead was now showing signs of corroding, green powder and black core.

Strange as when I first came across this prob, I tested its charging and was fine.

I have ordered the small black lead from my dealer at just under £30, should be collecting it today so fingers crossed, it'll solve the problems

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2010
I've been told 3 beeps is low brake fluid as my mate read his fabia vrs book and that's what it said

caddyrage

Nurburgringer!
Jun 26, 2008
Ellington, cambs
Changed the earth lead on battery. It's not cleared the lights or beeps but it did jump start off my van this time.

I measured the volts while running and its 13.9 at the mo, the battery was flat as a pancake though so I'll check it again once its been running for a while.

Maybe my alternator needs replacing

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.