Should I swap?

Jamie FR

Just wondered if anyone cares to offer any advice on what I should do.

I have a 55 reg Ibiza FR (pre-facelift) with only a smidge over 30k, but as many of you will know, the running costs aren't particularly cheap.

I've been offered £3k trade in for it against a 56 reg (post facelift) 1.4 Sport 42k on the clock. I'd need to put about £300 towards it after I've haggled I reckon :D

The insurance works out about a tenner cheaper a month, the tax is £40 cheaper (6 months) and I'm assuming I'll use less fuel.

I was gonna start facelifting mine with the Cupra bumpers but according to the prices I got off Seat today that would set me back £900ish before paint.

:cry: dunno what to do!

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
Well Cupra bumpers wouldnt fit the FR without work as the SMIC would be an issue.

The 1.4 petrol wouldnt have this issue. I would also buy second hand bumpers to cut the cost down. With painting you should be able to get both done for £400 ish.

If it were me I would go for a 1.9 model even a pd100 and go for either a cheap facelift or good pre-facelift and fit sport not cupra front bumper and cupra rear bumper.

Jamie FR

Well Cupra bumpers wouldnt fit the FR without work as the SMIC would be an issue.

The 1.4 petrol wouldnt have this issue. I would also buy second hand bumpers to cut the cost down. With painting you should be able to get both done for £400 ish.

If it were me I would go for a 1.9 model even a pd100 and go for either a cheap facelift or good pre-facelift and fit sport not cupra front bumper and cupra rear bumper.

Hi :)
The Seat guy never mentioned any probs with fitting (sneaky).

TBH if I get the 1.4 sport, because its the facelift I wouldn't touch it. Probs a set of coilies & a colour reburb on the wheels & that would be it, no messing with bumpers or anything.

Realistically, if I do swap it'll probs be this or a tigra!! :yes: