brake discs size

mennosstheboss

Dec 11, 2012
london
i got a leon 1.6sx with standard brake discs, its time to change and i was wondering wat the size is of them discs and whether i could fit bigger discs if not the cupra r ones?

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
Hello mate,

If you want to put bigger discs on? You will need to change calipers & carriers which can be very expensive! Also if you went for lcr brembos you would have to considers spacers or even new wheels.

On your standard discs, vag's are a pain, size wise. They could be 256, 280 or 288. Best to take a wheel off & try an get a rough measurement.

Hope that helps.

mennosstheboss

Dec 11, 2012
london
ooeeefff sounds like i just need to stick with replacing it with the same sized discs, i wanna get some grooved and vented, can you give some suggestions or links of which ones to get?

smudge2011

Feb 20, 2010
Norfolk
i wanna get some grooved and vented, can you give some suggestions or links of which ones to get?

Yeah that's not a bad idea, been toying with that idea, once mine need replacing. Friend of mine had a bad experience with eBay specials, so would stay away from them. I had ebc in the past, which I thought were really good. Can get then for reasonable money from eBay. I work for euro car parts & we sell them.

Try a search on here, in sure people would of discussed quality & price etc.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
1.6 Leons should have 256mm disks and FS-III calipers. Changing calipers will mean changing the hubs, the caliper carriers are integral.

chichee

Mar 11, 2012
Broxbourne
I was wondering this for my car? On ECP, they sell the different size discs for the TDi 130 SE. I have no idea, short of taking a wheel off and measuring. However, does anyone know, off the top of their head?

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
I don't carry a disk on the top of my head :)

I *think* the TDI 130's have the same fit as the 150's, 288mm disks and FN3 calipers. They won't be 312mm as standard. An easy upgrade to 312 though, by changing the caliper carrier and fitting the larger disks.

An easy way to tell is to look at the calipers and see if they are attached directly to the hub, or if there is a separate carrier bolted to the hub, to which the calipers are then attached. If there is no separate carrier, then you have FS-III calipers and 256mm disks.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise