De-badged honeycomb 2007 leon cupra grill

DMJ

before starting this thread, i did search but no thread had the exact answer i was lookin for and as i was lookin for about an hour, thought it was faster to start a new thread with a direct question in.

I have a MK2 2007 Leon Cupra and am a little confused about which de-badged grills will fit on my car.

I want a de-badged honeycomb grill but with the black outline, not chrome. Where can i get one of these from without payin a fortune? Also how do you take the standard grill off and fit the new one on?

If anyone has the same Cupra as me and has replaced their grill, please post photos with instructions as how to do this.

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
before starting this thread, i did search but no thread had the exact answer i was lookin for and as i was lookin for about an hour, thought it was faster to start a new thread with a direct question in.

I have a MK2 2007 Leon Cupra and am a little confused about which de-badged grills will fit on my car.

I want a de-badged honeycomb grill but with the black outline, not chrome. Where can i get one of these from without payin a fortune? Also how do you take the standard grill off and fit the new one on?

If anyone has the same Cupra as me and has replaced their grill, please post photos with instructions as how to do this.

If its honeycomb your after you cant get black too. You could if it was a facelift model as the Cupra R grille would fit but best bet is buying a LineaR grille and getting it painted black

My LineaR grille:
IMG_6625_zps3683ac43.jpg

Painted black LineaR grille:
BlackLineaRgrille_zpsf62d3e92.jpg

Hope this helps

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
There is a link on here somewhere I've found it eventually after an hour.....to take the grill out you have to take the two little gromits out of the top of it (open the bonnet) the prise out eventually but be careful they have known to break. Then about 2 inch down at the top the are clipped in pretty securely (you can feel at the side if you put your hand through the grill) and if you can setting sharp and thin in between the metal and the bumper it eventually unclips and pulls out, you need to pull softly but firmly. It's secured pretty tight.

DMJ

There is a link on here somewhere I've found it eventually after an hour.....to take the grill out you have to take the two little gromits out of the top of it (open the bonnet) the prise out eventually but be careful they have known to break. Then about 2 inch down at the top the are clipped in pretty securely (you can feel at the side if you put your hand through the grill) and if you can setting sharp and thin in between the metal and the bumper it eventually unclips and pulls out, you need to pull softly but firmly. It's secured pretty tight.

ow yer nice one mate, i saw that post aswel but im still confused as to which grill will fit my cupra lol, im a total novice mate.

DMJ

If its honeycomb your after you cant get black too. You could if it was a facelift model as the Cupra R grille would fit but best bet is buying a LineaR grille and getting it painted black

My LineaR grille:
IMG_6625_zps3683ac43.jpg

Painted black LineaR grille:
BlackLineaRgrille_zpsf62d3e92.jpg

Hope this helps

the bit that runs around my grill is already black mate, sorry my fault. Im just looking for a de-badged honeycomb like yours that will fit mine ha ha

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Most of the debadged grills look :w4nk: and a lot of those who have done it have swapped back.