changing fog light bulbs !! FR

samways99

hi i have a 1.2 tsi fr and was wondering if anyone could help me with how i go about changing the fog light bulbs ? as the ones in my hand book are completely different !

as i can't post pictures yet i cant show you , but the are not the little circle ones but the other longer ones with the grill underneath !!

many thanks to anyone that can help me !

samways99

ahh what a bummer :( do you know if its hard to remove the bumper to get to them ??

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
I dont know mate, I have a facelift FR myself and Ive changed all my bulbs except the fogs, At some point Im going to do them but cba to whip the bumper off at the moment.

What bulbs you planning on putting in mate ?

samways99

ahh think i might leave it for now then , well i brought a set off ebay which included all the bulbs i needed , there were just xenon ice blue :) all my other bulbs look spot on ! shame fogs arn't as easy !! :cry:

what bulbs did you go for ??

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
I changed my dipped beam for Halfords xenon style ones, I changed the side lights for some bright white led's off ebay and I did my main beam with some xenon style bulbs which I had spare from my last car from ebay.
I also did my front and rear indicators with silvertech bulbs and did my reverse light with an led one.

samways99

oh nicee ! never thought about changing my indicators , thoose silvertech bulbs anygood ??

samways99

may have to have have look into changing them then haha !! , have you done anything else to your car ??

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
Just the bulbs mate, FR tax disc holder (not really a mod though) attempted to vinyl wrap my lower bumper under the big grille and the bit behind the reg plate yesterday but I ended up swearing alot as Ive got no patience lol.... Going to try and do it again next weekend mate and if successful do the grille surround aswell.

What about you mate ?

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
There's a thread around on here for removing the grilles on a pre-facelift bumper to get to the foglights.

I need to change mine so desperately and don't want to have to take the bumper off.

samways99

ahh nice colour choice , nah ive changed my bulbs , and put wind deflectors on , thats about it ! not sure what else to do to it as its still under warranty

and char my fog lights are not the circle ones tho :( they are the longer ones !

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester
ahh nice colour choice , nah ive changed my bulbs , and put wind deflectors on , thats about it ! not sure what else to do to it as its still under warranty

and char my fog lights are not the circle ones tho :( they are the longer ones !

Im thinking about wind deflectors for mine at some stage.
I know what you mean about warranty, I want coilovers and a remap but got ages left on the warranty yet :rolleyes:

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire

Ah that sucks :( Didn't know they were different as I haven't really looked at the new shapelift ones!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.