Problems Following Service

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi all, it's been a while!!

Just had the old girl serviced & have couple of issues, one old, one new.

Service carried out at a Skoda dealer who I normally find very good & have used them for a few years for mine & the wifes Ibiza.

First: Had to have rear calipers replaced due to seized bleed nipples. Brakes felt fine but obviously they couldn't change & bleed brake fluid.

After service, brake pedal very spongy with much more travel than before. Used to get some initial bite quite high on the pedal but now have to move 1-2 inches before anything really starts to happen. You can now push the pedal almost to the floor with the engine turned on.

Took the car back thinking was just some air in the system but same again after the 2nd bleed.

Any ideas before I contact the garage again?

Just note that they didn't change the pads as were OK. They are still running the original pads after 67k. I know, I must drive in slippers!!

Second issue is I still have the warm start problem that I've had for years.

Told them that guys on the forum here have said it's normally faulty cam sensor. Apparently Skoda can only do a partial scan but said that this sensor wasn't showing any faults.

They said the fuel filter was excessively blocked but problem persists after changing.

If the cam sensor is playing up, would you expect it to throw a fault or is that part of the 'fault'? Anyone else out there had this problem & was curred by changing the sensor even though wasn't showing a fault?

Brake problem is very concerning as no confidence in the middle pedal now. Also my wife is expecting & I don't really want her in the car until this is sorted. The warm start is also worrying as sounds horrible when trying to fire up. Only occurs when the car has been on a run & got up to full temp. If you then stop the car & try to start within about 15 mins it struggles to catch. Engine turns over fine but rocks about before it eventually fires up.

If anyone can give pointers/advice on either issue it would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Shadders

towcester vag

Oct 17, 2011
duston northants
had this starting issue on a 1.9 and it was 2 things
firstly the cranking speed was slow ans starter motor cured this
secondly it was loosing ignition feed to ecu on crank and it turned out to be ecu which i had repaired
they do suffer from ignition switches
as for the brakes get a abs bleed done to see if it makes it any better

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Thanks Towcester.

On the warm start, the engine seems to turn over fine & from cold catches in a second. Once warm, seems to turn over at same speed but doesn't want to fire.

I'm speaking to garage again today about the brakes & will mention the ABS bleed.

Anybody else got any suggestions on either one before I call garage?

Thanks again.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.