Plastic Welding In Blackpool Area?

zephead

Afternoon All,

Unfortunately, some thoughtful person had neglected to secure their load properly and the front bumper of my K1 was hit by a 6ft piece of plywood flapping around on the A14. It's put a nice hole in it along with a large crack and destroyed my offside front fog (see photo below). The incident was particularly annoying as I've recently had the whole thing re-sprayed due to the 'stone chip curse' of the K1. :censored:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71295800/IMG_0996.JPG

I'm not even sure if it can be welded (I don't have the missing piece) and on an exploratory visit to my local Ford body shop, I was told that I'd need the whole assembly replacing. This may indeed be the case but I'd quite like to get a second opinion.

Just wondered if anybody knows a good body shop in the Fylde/Blackpool area that I may be able to consult?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers,

Keith.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
id get a new one mate looking at that.

no doubt it could be repaired i could repair it with fibreglass but not sure its worth it.

claim on the insurance. im guessing you reported it to the police?? if so they may have found who dropped the load to claim off of

zephead

Many thanks for that, I feared as much. It's a company car and our excess is £1250 (!) so an insurance claim is a non-starter unfortunately = talk nicely to my boss who'd just sanctioned the previous respray! I did report it but no cigar......

I have replied to your pm but in case you don't see it I'm going to get the bodyshop guys to look at the photo tomorrow. If you log into Facebook and go to David Cook Motors then click onto gallery you'll be able to see just a small sample of the quality of work they turn out.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.